Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluetooth

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 1, 2007
Toronto
Hi everyone,

I am trying to figure out how I can fill this transparent background vector shape.

I want the design to be white on the inside of the vector, so it is a solid shape. Right now it is just like a stencil with a transparent background. As you can see I put a black box behind it to illustrate what I mean.

I tried saving as a b&w .tiff in .ai but it gave me a white box around the shape instead of just making it white inside the outline vector shape.

I have also attached the .eps file.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Attachments

• henna circle.eps.zip
    238.7 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:

Larry-K

macrumors 68000
Jun 28, 2011
Try This...

If you have Adobe Illustrator, open the file and under the Objects Menu> Compound Path> Release Compound Path. Then Resave as an eps, or if you're using illustrator for layout just use the art, no need to place it.

If you don't have that, save your TIFF as a 1-bit version, probably 600ppi will be adequate, you should be able to colorize that.

If you're using Corel, there should be some similar commands and terminology.

bluetooth

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 1, 2007
Toronto
If you have Adobe Illustrator, open the file and under the Objects Menu> Compound Path> Release Compound Path. Then Resave as an eps, or if you're using illustrator for layout just use the art, no need to place it.

If you don't have that, save your TIFF as a 1-bit version, probably 600ppi will be adequate, you should be able to colorize that.

If you're using Corel, there should be some similar commands and terminology.

Nice one! Thanks a lot! You're first suggestion worked perfectly in ai.

Cheers, :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.