Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redsoxguy676

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2012
Since people are already getting these in the mail when can we expect them to show up in brick and mortar stores?

Last edited:

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Mine were delivered by UPS on Tuesday morning, 10/16. You should call an Apple Store to ask about availability. They've always been very quick to help me when I've called about items. :)

LJ50

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2011
Popped into the London Regent Street store on my way past on Monday night, just on the off-chance they had any stock and they had plenty of both the 0.2m cable version and the non-cabled adapter.

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
I'm sorry...apple online. My local Apple Store does have them but they said they disappear quickly. They are getting shipments a few times a week.

So you posted that you "got mine" in a post asking specifically about brick and mortar stores when you got it online???

Ok.

And no Apple Store has gotten a single one yet.
If they did, it would be mentioned on here already.
Everyone who has gotten one has bought them from Apple online.

----------

I got mine a few days ago, and I was very happy to see it is small enough to not cover the headphone slot!

What store did you get it from? We are dying to hear which store actually has stock!

Thanks.

adster

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2008
Called all the local Apple stores near me (3 of them in Orlando, FL) and EVERY SINGLE ONE said "we haven't gotten any in stock and they're not released until Oct 31st".

I was actually shocked at their response. Why is this so difficult?

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
So you posted that you "got mine" in a post asking specifically about brick and mortar stores when you got it online???

Ok.

----------

What store did you get it from? We are dying to hear which store actually has stock!

Thanks.

I ordered mine a couple weeks ago

----------

Apple isn't perfect but do you really think they would cover up the headphone slot??

Considering how large the 30 pin plug is, it could have easily covered it. They made the adapter very small. it is basically the size of the plug.

Ronnoco

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
United States of America

Ok.

----------

Thanks.

I just saw the Thread Title and posted...
The Carlsbad Apple Store has BOTH Lightning to 30 pin adaptors IN STOCK!, so your ridiculous statement above is factually WRONG!
You're kind of a Dick, but of course, you knew that already...

Last edited:

robopath

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2010
Happened to walk into somerset mall in Troy michigan for a spare cable. Walked out with both kinds of adapters and a cable. Said they got them in this morning.

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
I just saw the Thread Title and posted...
The Carlsbad Apple Store has BOTH Lightning to 30 pin adaptors IN STOCK!, so your ridiculous statement above is factually WRONG!
You're kind of a Dick, but of course, you knew that already...

Well, I'll happily be called that if I can steer the thread into it's intended purpose, which is exactly what happened.

Sorry if I hurt some feelings.

Just tired to see every lightning to 30 thread turn into "I got mine" from online or "I got one at this store" when they think we are talking about the USB cable.

Glad to finally hear that Apple Stores are getting stock.

anonymouslurker

macrumors regular
May 16, 2012
Have generic ones been made yet?

The lightning connector specification wasn't posted to the MFi portal for third-parties until immediately after the iPhone 5 announcement. It still takes time to design and manufacture products.

There may be some available from a guy making them in his garage, but manufacturers just haven't had the time yet.

kalexn

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
Texas
Good to hear that some Applestores are getting them. I went to my local store yesterday and they had not seen them yet. The "genius" was even joking about selling them on the black market (he was definitely joking). So hopefully next time I go I can see them!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.