PDA

View Full Version : Iphone 5 vs Samsung GS3 screen comparison

darster
Oct 18, 2012, 02:02 PM
Both have their strengths.

http://www.cnet.com/8301-17918_1-57531239-85/screens-test-apple-iphone-5-vs-samsung-galaxy-s3/

LIVEFRMNYC
Oct 18, 2012, 02:58 PM
Next time I will bring this equipment to the AT&T store so I can find a phone with a good screen. :p

http://asset2.cbsistatic.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2012/10/15/testingshotsDavidKatz01_610x436.jpg

THE JUICEMAN
Oct 18, 2012, 03:10 PM
Both have their strengths but to me the AMOLED Pentile screen looks far less sharp and beautiful than the LCD. HTC One X takes the crown for me and the iPhone 5 is right behind it.

Stuntman06
Oct 22, 2012, 03:58 PM
I had an opportunity to compare both side by side. The only significant difference that I would notice is that the SGS3 at 100% brightness is about the same brightness level as the iP5 at 50% brightness. The numbers quoted in this article seems to agree with my personal experience. The only difference I would notice is when I use the phones outside in the sun. The iP5 screen is easier to view in those conditions than the SGS3. Otherwise, I would likely not notice any difference between the two.

onthecouchagain
Oct 22, 2012, 04:06 PM
Where does the LG Optimus G's screen place in the list with iPh5, HOX, and S3?

cynics
Oct 22, 2012, 05:09 PM
I'd really like to see a test that goes more in depth about the S3's screen tone settings. Obviously setting them to the best like you would with a TV before testing it.

Six8
Oct 22, 2012, 06:00 PM
Where does the LG Optimus G's screen place in the list with iPh5, HOX, and S3?

Will beat em all

Diiiiips
Oct 23, 2012, 03:39 AM
I had an opportunity to compare both side by side. The only significant difference that I would notice is that the SGS3 at 100% brightness is about the same brightness level as the iP5 at 50% brightness. The numbers quoted in this article seems to agree with my personal experience. The only difference I would notice is when I use the phones outside in the sun. The iP5 screen is easier to view in those conditions than the SGS3. Otherwise, I would likely not notice any difference between the two.

This.

The S3 is an absolute pain to use outside, not just in the sun but any daylight. I cannot believe it has not been rectified on the Note 2

zhandri
Oct 23, 2012, 03:46 AM
I'd really like to see a test that goes more in depth about the S3's screen tone settings. Obviously setting them to the best like you would with a TV before testing it.

i don't know if this was posted before but i found this very interesting
http://www.displaymate.com/Smartphone_ShootOut_2.htm

daveathall
Oct 23, 2012, 06:11 AM

This post echoes my sentiments. (I to have had both phones side by side)

I must admit that one can do as many scientific tests one likes, bottom line for me is, both the iP4 and S3 I found had colours and contrast that was pleasing to my eyes, I certainly don't feel cheated of colour accuracy by picking the S3 as my phone.