PDA

View Full Version : Any chance of an iPod shuffle update?

dsah
Oct 19, 2012, 05:09 AM
I love my iPod shuffle and use it regularly while running and exercising and for listening to podcasts.

However, it seems as though the iPod Nano is starting to become Apple's flagship fitness device. For me this a great shame, I love the design, weight and convenience of the Shuffle.

Is there any realistic chance of an update for the iShuffle?

Hexiii
Oct 20, 2012, 06:31 AM
I love my iPod shuffle and use it regularly while running and exercising and for listening to podcasts.

However, it seems as though the iPod Nano is starting to become Apple's flagship fitness device. For me this a great shame, I love the design, weight and convenience of the Shuffle.

Is there any realistic chance of an update for the iShuffle?

Well, not anytime soon, they they just updated the Shuffle with new colours. I am kind of disappointed too, but whatever, there are not many things to change, though.

Tobias Funke
Oct 20, 2012, 07:40 AM
What do you want to be in the update ?!

Jessica Lares
Oct 20, 2012, 08:16 AM
I think the Shuffle is done. It'll only get color updates from here on out and maybe different storage.

jodelli
Oct 20, 2012, 08:30 AM
IMHO a new Shuffle will converge in appearance with the 6th gen Nano.

Hexiii
Oct 20, 2012, 09:00 AM
And they could add lightning connector & EarPods.

amarcus
Oct 20, 2012, 05:42 PM
For me, any of the following seem realistic:

Lower price
Water resistance
Include the new earpods
Longer battery life

Adam

Hexiii
Oct 21, 2012, 01:37 AM
For me, any of the following seem realistic:

Lower price
Water resistance
Include the new earpods
Longer battery life

Adam

It's already quite water resistant :) Not sure about the current gen, but the 3rd was indestructible.

leenak
Oct 21, 2012, 08:45 AM
I thought they lowered the price by $10, maybe I'm wrong?

Anyway, I just bought one (purple) and its great. A slightly bigger storage space would be nice but its great as it is.

Jessica Lares
Oct 21, 2012, 08:49 AM
It can't get any cheaper than it is now. :rolleyes: That's just asking for too much, especially when you're paying for a year of AppleCare already.