Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

baboo2

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 27, 2005
Toronto
Everything on my ibook seems fine except the spacebar. It works but only from the center part, the edge of the space bar from left and right doesn't work. There is no warranty on it, is there any way to fix it myself? i think it might just be a simple spring problem? not sure...

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
More info required. Did you just buy it? Is it 2nd hand (probably as there is no warranty)?

My brother's new iBook had a slightly sticky key (I forget which) but it sorted itself out on its own after some moderate use. Yours might do the same. Otherwise, you may want to try unscrewing the keyboard (this is easily done and required to add extra RAM) and then putting it back - this may sort it out.

MACDreaming

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2005
Vermilion, Ohio
Spacebar Thread

baboo2 said:
Everything on my ibook seems fine except the spacebar. It works but only from the center part, the edge of the space bar from left and right doesn't work. There is no warranty on it, is there any way to fix it myself? i think it might just be a simple spring problem? not sure...

A couple of weeks ago? there was a thread where someone else was having the same problem. I believe a new keyboard was installed?

baboo2

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 27, 2005
Toronto
It is 2nd hand but is brand new style ( 2 months) 1.2ghz ibook . Is there a link where it'll teach me how to open the keyboard safetly. And what info do you need ? It would be wasteful to me, if i had to replace the keyboard because only one key is not working perfectly ( but works somewhat)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.