PDA

View Full Version : Playing through iTunes & Other Player at Same Time

tgross
Oct 19, 2012, 05:08 PM
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about playing an audio source, let's say "Song A" through iTunes--and through the default output. While at the same time, in a different program, "Song B" plays--but a different soundcard is selected for the other program.

Is it possible/are there any programs that allow you to specify a soundcard (other than the default output), since I want to do two different audio sources in two different outputs simultaneously?

If this is confusing, I can elaborate further.

Thanks.

bwhli
Oct 24, 2012, 04:13 PM
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about playing an audio source, let's say "Song A" through iTunes--and through the default output. While at the same time, in a different program, "Song B" plays--but a different soundcard is selected for the other program.

Is it possible/are there any programs that allow you to specify a soundcard (other than the default output), since I want to do two different audio sources in two different outputs simultaneously?

If this is confusing, I can elaborate further.

Thanks.

If you use a DAW like Pro Tools or Logic, you can set them to output to different audio interfaces. For example, I usually have Pro Tools set to output to my monitor speakers that are connected to a Focusrite audio interface. However, my sound settings in system preferences are still set as Built in Output, so iTunes will play from the built in speakers, headphones, or external speakers connected via 3.5mm jack. Hope that helps.

jordun
Nov 3, 2012, 03:26 PM
Check this out... Nobody likes paying for software, but this was recently added to the app store and does something like you suggest.

Channel Bank:
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/channel-bank/id555182674?mt=12

Features:
Allows you to play different audio files through any number of different output channels... only plays audio files, not sources.... But can handle multiple outputs simultaneously. $29.99

My alternative suggestion:
Pro Tools