PDA

View Full Version : First MB Air maybe ?

rm2092
Oct 20, 2012, 09:47 AM
I'm not new to Mac's at all and right now I have a 2010 MBP with only 160gb drive kinda of small but I did not want to spend more then $1199.00 at the time. I have been thinking of getting the $1499.00 Air but now with the 13" Retna right around the corner not sure what to do. Also when the new 13" retna comes out do you think the Air will get a small bump in specs or will I be safe for a while buying the current model ? With my job I'm in a vehicle for like 10 to 12 hours a day so the Air will be allot lighter to carry from car to car and watch movies with my down time.

mattopotamus
Oct 20, 2012, 09:52 AM
It really depends on what your needs are. The weight difference between the Air and Pro is still noticeable...especially if you are going to be mobile with the laptop. Personally, I have zero use for a retina display so the $300 price difference is not worth it. It really comes down to your personal needs.

I do agree with you that the 13" retina makes a higher end Air a hard decision though. I use an 11" high end Air, so there is no comparison to that kind of portability. Had I bought a high end 13", I would probably be pissed that the retina's are out b.c that would actually be cheaper.

rm2092
Oct 20, 2012, 09:59 AM
I will make my decision when the 13" RMBP comes out but still leaning to the 13" Air and see if there is a small bump in specs ? I know when I bought my 13" MBP 6 months latter they bumped the specs on my current model, not happy so just want to make sure I have the most current for the time.

Jaykee
Oct 20, 2012, 10:12 AM
Well, quite honestly I would not worry about the weight of it. I've got a 15" MBP, and its light as hell!