Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YoYoMac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Chattanooga, TN
Okay, I have a panasonic PV-GS150. I have an iMac 20" 2.0. I have just recently bought the iMac, and the first day I had it, I imported some video using iMovie and everything was fine.

Tonight I came home and started importing some video (again through iMovie) I shot over the past few weeks. Now I have some terrible artifacts on my imported video. I thought, great, my camera is screwed up, because when I watch the video on the camera's LCD, it was also bad, until I unplugged my firewire cable, then it was fine on the camera.

So, Is my problem with my firewire cable, iMovie, camera, iMac, what? Any suggestions? I don't have a way to get a new firewire cable tonight, but I'll check Walmart tomorrow, but I doubt they will have one. I hope it's not my camera.

YoYoMac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Chattanooga, TN
Okay, so I figured out what the problem was.

I was showing my wife what was going on, and I said, "look it even does it on the camera's LCD," and I picked up the camera, and it stopped messing up. So, here is something that everyone should know if they don't already.

Do not try to import video with your camera sitting on your wacom digital tablet! Something in that tablet screws with your camera.

Problem solved.
And that all of you who started up your brain for me. You may now resume your previous vegetative state.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.