Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oreomac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
I've just sent a text for the every 5 minutes win an iPod competition that walkers are running & I won. I guessed the early hours of the morning would be the best time, as most people are either not up at this time or they text the codes when the eat the crisps.

andy89

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2005
Kent, England
oreomac said:
I've just sent a text for the every 5 minutes win an iPod competition that walkers are running & I won. I guessed the early hours of the morning would be the best time, as most people are either not up at this time or they text the codes when the eat the crisps.

I entered that, but I didn't win.
:(

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
I entered about 15 codes at 3.06am and didn't win? How many did you do? Did you text or do it on the website?

Ashapalan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2005
England
i gave up on it after reading the rules, went right over my head.
Is it a draw every 5 mins, or the closest to send in a text on the fifth minute?

nw43

macrumors regular
May 8, 2005
UK
So far I've sent in 3 texts in the early hours of the morning but not won anything. :(

Am going to try again tonight though.

Moria - it only costs the price of sending a normal text to enter and nothing to receive one. You can also enter free at the website http://www.winwithwalkers.com

Ashapalan - there is one draw every 5 minutes throughout September so you can give yourself a better chance by entering in the middle of the night. The website even has graphs showing how many people are entering throughout the day.

oreomac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
Sky Blue said:
I entered about 15 codes at 3.06am and didn't win? How many did you do? Did you text or do it on the website?

I entered 1 into one draw & then 3 into another draw & won it from the draw I entered 3 codes into. I entered into the draw at 1.45am I text them in.

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
oreomac said:
I entered 1 into one draw & then 3 into another draw & won it from the draw I entered 3 codes into. I entered into the draw at 1.45am I text them in.

I entered a ton of codes in the other night... family keeping wrappers for me.

Didn't win.

So I entered a load more and sent some at 5am Sunday (don't ask!). Still didn't win.

An iPod to be won every 5 minutes... just how many people are eating crisps at 5 in the morning?? Surely there can't be THAT many sad b*st*rds (like me!) staying up til 5 to text them!?!? lol

I'm still going to keep trying. My family get through Walkers like god knows what.

jimN

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2005
London
am working nights this week so being up in the early hours isn't a problem. i just didn't realise quite so many people were that driven!

jimN

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2005
London
That guy is awesome, just goes to show that he can win anything - in spite of that busted shoulder which must have made texting tough!

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
oreomac said:

Yay.

I won one! :)

Probably spent about 10 quid on texts but even so... bargain! :) Will make a welcom addition to my iPod family. ;-)

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
shadowmoses said:
How exactly are you notified if you win? do you get a text back or something??

ShadOW

Yeah they send a text to say if you've won or not. Then they're supposed to call you within two working hours.

Steve

jimN

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2005
London
entered 15 codes the other night at about 2.15am, no joy. Damnation, now do i give up (as the mrs suggests) or keep trying. I have run out of crisps and don't normally eat that many of the things!!

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
jimN said:
entered 15 codes the other night at about 2.15am, no joy. Damnation, now do i give up (as the mrs suggests) or keep trying. I have run out of crisps and don't normally eat that many of the things!!

You don't actually need to buy crisps to get your code. You can get them (as many as you want!) by looking at http://www.walkersnpn.com.

They email the codes and the only catch is that you HAVE TO text them. You can't enter them via the website for free. Only 10p per text though.

I sent myself about 20 codes and I set up the texts on my mobile phone so all I had to do was send them. So at 5.30 this morning when I got up, I sent about 5 or 10 off by text message and won!

The Walkers website tells you when the busy times are - ie when you have less chance of winning. I don't suppose there can be that many people eating crisps at 4 or 5 in the morning. :)

Ashapalan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2005
England
i just got an email saying i'd won. Fantastic!

I entered 24 into one draw, and the 24th email said i'd won.
WOW

i've never won anything before!

Now im really nervous about the phone call. When will they phone?!!! its 3 in the morning!

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
Ashapalan said:
i just got an email saying i'd won. Fantastic!

I entered 24 into one draw, and the 24th email said i'd won.
WOW

i've never won anything before!

Now im really nervous about the phone call. When will they phone?!!! its 3 in the morning!

Not that I want to show off but I won again this morning. :eek:

They should call by noon but if they haven't you can call them. I think they're bogged down.

Although maybe they'll do it by email if you entered on the web?

bollard

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2005
London
How many did you send the second time ???

I sent 16 at 2.55 on Friday morning without any luck. Worth trying again ????

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
bollard said:
I sent 16 at 2.55 on Friday morning without any luck. Worth trying again ????

I think it's gotta be.

I sent about 5 this morning and won. Then for the hell of it I sent another 10 and won s0d all! :)

Still, 15 texts... 1.50 for a mini. Not a bad price. Even if you send 100 texts that still only a tenner.

I think it's just picking the right time to send.

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
bollard said:
I'll give it another go... unless you want to give me your spare mini ;)

I'd love to give you the spare one but my horrendous greed won't allow me. ;-)

I'm going to sell it to help fund my Powermac purchase! :-s

Steve

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.