PDA

View Full Version : Walkers Ipod competition

oreomac
Sep 2, 2005, 08:08 PM
I've just sent a text for the every 5 minutes win an iPod competition that walkers are running & I won. I guessed the early hours of the morning would be the best time, as most people are either not up at this time or they text the codes when the eat the crisps.

andy89
Sep 3, 2005, 02:41 AM
I've just sent a text for the every 5 minutes win an iPod competition that walkers are running & I won. I guessed the early hours of the morning would be the best time, as most people are either not up at this time or they text the codes when the eat the crisps.

I entered that, but I didn't win.
:(

pdpfilms
Sep 3, 2005, 03:14 AM
cool, yay conrgats, i guess! Yayyyy....crunked at night.

Sky Blue
Sep 3, 2005, 07:27 AM
I entered about 15 codes at 3.06am and didn't win? How many did you do? Did you text or do it on the website?

Moria
Sep 3, 2005, 09:49 AM
How much does it cost to text in? How much does it cost you to receive their texts?

Ashapalan
Sep 3, 2005, 11:12 AM
i gave up on it after reading the rules, went right over my head.
Is it a draw every 5 mins, or the closest to send in a text on the fifth minute?

nw43
Sep 3, 2005, 11:35 AM
So far I've sent in 3 texts in the early hours of the morning but not won anything. :(

Am going to try again tonight though.

Moria - it only costs the price of sending a normal text to enter and nothing to receive one. You can also enter free at the website www.winwithwalkers.com

Ashapalan - there is one draw every 5 minutes throughout September so you can give yourself a better chance by entering in the middle of the night. The website even has graphs showing how many people are entering throughout the day.

oreomac
Sep 3, 2005, 03:09 PM
I entered about 15 codes at 3.06am and didn't win? How many did you do? Did you text or do it on the website?

I entered 1 into one draw & then 3 into another draw & won it from the draw I entered 3 codes into. I entered into the draw at 1.45am I text them in.

nomad01
Sep 5, 2005, 08:34 AM
I entered 1 into one draw & then 3 into another draw & won it from the draw I entered 3 codes into. I entered into the draw at 1.45am I text them in.

I entered a ton of codes in the other night... family keeping wrappers for me.

Didn't win.

So I entered a load more and sent some at 5am Sunday (don't ask!). Still didn't win.

An iPod to be won every 5 minutes... just how many people are eating crisps at 5 in the morning?? Surely there can't be THAT many sad b*st*rds (like me!) staying up til 5 to text them!?!? lol

I'm still going to keep trying. My family get through Walkers like god knows what.

jimN
Sep 5, 2005, 10:49 AM
am working nights this week so being up in the early hours isn't a problem. i just didn't realise quite so many people were that driven!

Moria
Sep 5, 2005, 04:55 PM
Johnny Wilkinson won one!!!

01/09/2005 01:35 - 01:39 J Wilkinson

:rolleyes:

jimN
Sep 5, 2005, 05:44 PM
That guy is awesome, just goes to show that he can win anything - in spite of that busted shoulder which must have made texting tough!

nomad01
Sep 7, 2005, 01:00 AM

Yay.

I won one! :-)

Probably spent about 10 quid on texts but even so... bargain! :-) Will make a welcom addition to my iPod family. ;-)

shadowmoses
Sep 7, 2005, 04:16 AM
How exactly are you notified if you win? do you get a text back or something??

ShadOW

nomad01
Sep 7, 2005, 04:23 AM
How exactly are you notified if you win? do you get a text back or something??

ShadOW

Yeah they send a text to say if you've won or not. Then they're supposed to call you within two working hours.

Steve

jimN
Sep 7, 2005, 05:07 AM
entered 15 codes the other night at about 2.15am, no joy. Damnation, now do i give up (as the mrs suggests) or keep trying. I have run out of crisps and don't normally eat that many of the things!!

nomad01
Sep 7, 2005, 05:21 AM
entered 15 codes the other night at about 2.15am, no joy. Damnation, now do i give up (as the mrs suggests) or keep trying. I have run out of crisps and don't normally eat that many of the things!!

You don't actually need to buy crisps to get your code. You can get them (as many as you want!) by looking at http://www.walkersnpn.com.

They email the codes and the only catch is that you HAVE TO text them. You can't enter them via the website for free. Only 10p per text though.

I sent myself about 20 codes and I set up the texts on my mobile phone so all I had to do was send them. So at 5.30 this morning when I got up, I sent about 5 or 10 off by text message and won!

The Walkers website tells you when the busy times are - ie when you have less chance of winning. I don't suppose there can be that many people eating crisps at 4 or 5 in the morning. :-)

Ashapalan
Sep 8, 2005, 09:21 PM
i just got an email saying i'd won. Fantastic!

I entered 24 into one draw, and the 24th email said i'd won.
WOW

i've never won anything before!

Now im really nervous about the phone call. When will they phone?!!! its 3 in the morning!

bursty
Sep 8, 2005, 11:59 PM
Is this for UK only?

nomad01
Sep 9, 2005, 12:51 AM
i just got an email saying i'd won. Fantastic!

I entered 24 into one draw, and the 24th email said i'd won.
WOW

i've never won anything before!

Now im really nervous about the phone call. When will they phone?!!! its 3 in the morning!

Not that I want to show off but I won again this morning. :eek:

They should call by noon but if they haven't you can call them. I think they're bogged down.

Although maybe they'll do it by email if you entered on the web?

nomad01
Sep 9, 2005, 12:51 AM
Is this for UK only?

Yeh, I believe so. :-(

bollard
Sep 9, 2005, 07:36 AM
I sent 16 at 2.55 on Friday morning without any luck. Worth trying again ????

nomad01
Sep 9, 2005, 07:50 AM
I sent 16 at 2.55 on Friday morning without any luck. Worth trying again ????

I think it's gotta be.

I sent about 5 this morning and won. Then for the hell of it I sent another 10 and won s0d all! :-)

Still, 15 texts... 1.50 for a mini. Not a bad price. Even if you send 100 texts that still only a tenner.

I think it's just picking the right time to send.

bollard
Sep 9, 2005, 07:54 AM
I'll give it another go... unless you want to give me your spare mini ;)

nomad01
Sep 9, 2005, 07:57 AM
I'll give it another go... unless you want to give me your spare mini ;)

I'd love to give you the spare one but my horrendous greed won't allow me. ;-)

I'm going to sell it to help fund my Powermac purchase! :-s

Steve

andysmith
Sep 9, 2005, 06:11 PM
I think I'll have a crack at this :)

I've got 65 codes from the NPN website, and I've just finished putting them in as drafts with BluePhoneElite (http://www.reelintelligence.com/BluePhoneElite/index.shtml). So between 4-6am, I can just select around 40, hit send, and it does it all automatically via bluetooth.

Perhaps I'm taking it a bit too seriously :D

Shaun.P
Sep 9, 2005, 06:44 PM
I'VE WON!

Shaun.P
Sep 9, 2005, 06:46 PM
i can't believe t his!!!

oreomac
Sep 9, 2005, 06:48 PM
Congratulations

Shaun.P
Sep 9, 2005, 06:53 PM
thanks i can't believe this

andysmith
Sep 9, 2005, 10:40 PM
I just won one too!

Sent 50 texts... got one text back 5 mins later (thankfully I haven't had 49 'Sorry...' ones :D) telling me I'd won!
Incidentally, the winning code was the 28th I texted.

PineappleJoe
Sep 10, 2005, 02:42 PM
Hi all... just spend 3 evenings trying to automate this and ive succeeded... can now enter an entry every 2-3 secionds... just load the thing up with codes from packets and off it goes entering through the website... still gotta buy the crisps tho :eek: .. altho.... im one step away from being able to generate all combinations of 10 letters and automatically entering them into the competition.. wont do it tho...cos its not cricket and also it would invalidate everyones codes!!!!!.... wonder what would happen tho????

right... off to asda to buy 500 packets on 2 for 1!

andysmith
Sep 10, 2005, 04:16 PM
Hi all... just spend 3 evenings trying to automate this and ive succeeded... can now enter an entry every 2-3 secionds... just load the thing up with codes from packets and off it goes entering through the website... still gotta buy the crisps tho :eek: .. altho.... im one step away from being able to generate all combinations of 10 letters and automatically entering them into the competition.. wont do it tho...cos its not cricket and also it would invalidate everyones codes!!!!!.... wonder what would happen tho????

right... off to asda to buy 500 packets on 2 for 1!

So you've found a way to OCR the captchas on the website?

PineappleJoe
Sep 10, 2005, 11:50 PM
no need...at first my program was stopping and asking me for the code...i could get about 15 entries through a 5 min slot... but i discovered that if you get to the confirmation page, do a BACK BACK on the web page and then overwrite your old packet code with a new one it works and the new entry is successful... then...just loop!

Ashapalan
Sep 11, 2005, 05:24 PM
i got 24 through manually, the last email i recieved back said i'd won! the pain!

bollard
Sep 12, 2005, 03:16 AM
and still no joy !!!!! Am getting pretty exasperated and tired !!! Oh well I'm going to keep trying (could work out to be a pretty expensive mini )

nomad01
Sep 12, 2005, 04:52 AM
and still no joy !!!!! Am getting pretty exasperated and tired !!! Oh well I'm going to keep trying (could work out to be a pretty expensive mini )

I sent another load this morning for somebody at work that wants to win one (without putting the effort in!!).

Sent about 40 texts in a 5 minute window and got about 15 "Sorry" test replies. No idea what happened to the other 25 replies. Maybe they're blocking too many texts coming from the same number?

Both times I've won I've only sent a handful of texts at one time. The last time I'd only sent maybe 3 or 4.

the Walkers webpage with the peak times graph hasn't been working all weekend either.

We should see the eary hours looking busier over the last few days!! :-D

bollard
Sep 12, 2005, 05:54 AM
I sent another load this morning for somebody at work that wants to win one (without putting the effort in!!).

Sent about 40 texts in a 5 minute window and got about 15 "Sorry" test replies. No idea what happened to the other 25 replies. Maybe they're blocking too many texts coming from the same number?

Both times I've won I've only sent a handful of texts at one time. The last time I'd only sent maybe 3 or 4.

the Walkers webpage with the peak times graph hasn't been working all weekend either.

We should see the eary hours looking busier over the last few days!! :-D
Got 2 text replies straight away then 22 3 hours later then the final 2 a further hour later. as you say the website isn't updating the peak times graph bit I suspect it's getting more popular as people find out that you can send multiple entries.

andysmith
Sep 12, 2005, 09:01 AM
The times I sent around 50 texts, I only got around 15 'Sorry's too. When I actually won, I got the congratulations text, and 15 sorrys the next morning.

Ashapalan
Sep 12, 2005, 09:36 AM
Yeh, it certainly seems to be falling apart a bit. I sent a text, never got a reply. Then checked the number and send another, no reply again. sent a text to friends, got a text back... hmm

Tighten the ropes walkers! We want mini's!

nomad01
Sep 12, 2005, 10:04 AM
Yeh, it certainly seems to be falling apart a bit. I sent a text, never got a reply. Then checked the number and send another, no reply again. sent a text to friends, got a text back... hmm

Tighten the ropes walkers! We want mini's!

I've just had about 60 texts from Walkers. Some were saying We've already received your code and it's entered into the next draw (as if I'd only just sent it) and others were saying I'd already entered the code two days ago!

Anyone else had this? It's as if a backlog of texts had suddenly been processed.

cybersanta
Sep 12, 2005, 10:16 AM
I am getting really annoyed with this competition now, i purchased a 48 box of walkers crisps on sunday and i have copied down the codes onto paper, i send about 10 off last night as a test at about 00:30 and....... nothing happened :mad: so, i waited half an hour and then went to sleep, then i got woken up at around 3am with 9 replies, 5 of them were sorries, and the others were incorrect or used code messages, but on the sorries, it said that they were all sent into the 2:50 draw?????? i sent them at like half twelve???????? :( , i also realised that i can only store 14 unsent messages in my outbox. im confused, frustrated and annoyed with this comp, does any1 know the sort of numbers of ppl that are enetring at different times because the website is down, thanks, santa

Ashapalan
Sep 12, 2005, 12:51 PM
The stats page is back up, in a much simplified form.

The graphs have gone to be replaced by the busiest and quietest time of each day. Guess the compition has been albeit more popular than expected.

cybersanta
Sep 12, 2005, 01:43 PM
I never even saw the graphs on the walkers website, can anyone give me a rough idea of the amount of people entering an average draw please???? :confused:

Ashapalan
Sep 12, 2005, 01:46 PM
I never even saw the graphs on the walkers website, can anyone give me a rough idea of the amount of people entering an average draw please???? :confused:

as much as the graphs looked 'imformative', they were the complete opposite. They didnt give numbers, just an indication of more or less, to be honest they were pretty useless, except for telling us that there are less people in the early hours, (to be expected).

cybersanta
Sep 12, 2005, 02:31 PM
i just wanna get a really rough idea, id reckon that there is probably about 50k entries per draw at peak and around 5-8k at off peak, anyone think otherwise?

nomad01
Sep 12, 2005, 02:37 PM
i just wanna get a really rough idea, id reckon that there is probably about 50k entries per draw at peak and around 5-8k at off peak, anyone think otherwise?

I dunno... when the drawer started, I won twice in the early hours so I can't imagine there could have been that many people up at 4 or 5 in the morning sending texts after eating crisps.

News travels fast though I suppose.

Bl**dy impossible on there lately!

mikebatho
Sep 12, 2005, 02:46 PM
I've been eating Walkers crisps continuously for four days now and have gone blind and lost the use of my right leg.

nomad01
Sep 12, 2005, 02:52 PM
I've been eating Walkers crisps continuously for four days now and have gone blind and lost the use of my right leg.

Well yeah but you got a free iPod... right? Oh please say you didn't give up your faculties for nothing! ;-)

mikebatho
Sep 12, 2005, 03:00 PM
HMMMMMHH?

Is Suoomone theree....?

Oww!!

andysmith
Sep 12, 2005, 04:41 PM
Whilst researching it, I run a packet sniffer to find out the location of the XML file that the flash app was calling to show the stats.
It had a lot of lines like this:
<record value="1793,2005-09-07 05:20:00,94668"/>

I figured the number on the end gave a proportional representation of how many people entered at that time, but I highly doubt it's the actual number.
The XML file's currently empty since it went offline sometime on Friday.

bollard
Sep 13, 2005, 02:29 AM
Sent another 60 this morning with no joy. Becoming borderline obsessive about this. Really need to move on and do something crazy like BUY an iPod.
Congratulations to all who won. I'm waiting for the Walkers/Nano competition next year :D

nomad01
Sep 13, 2005, 03:29 AM
Sent another 60 this morning with no joy. Becoming borderline obsessive about this. Really need to move on and do something crazy like BUY an iPod.
Congratulations to all who won. I'm waiting for the Walkers/Nano competition next year :D

Yeah I had one last blast this morning between 4 and 5 and not a sausage so I think it's time to quit.

Anyone received the mini they won yet? I'm waiting to flog mine to pay for my nano!! :)

Ashapalan
Sep 13, 2005, 06:33 AM
thats my plan as well!

although i really need to get some ram...

i'll see how i feel when i get the money.

nomad01
Sep 13, 2005, 06:43 AM
thats my plan as well!

although i really need to get some ram...

i'll see how i feel when i get the money.

Hold the money in one hand and the nano in the other and the RAM in the other.

How many hands do you have again? :)

RAM is sensible but nano is... well... gorgeous. I already bought mine in anticipation for selling the ipod on eBay!

mpw
Sep 13, 2005, 06:57 AM
Antone who one actually got their iPod yet?
I'm just wondering if Walkers have 10,000 minis in a warehouse or whether their just getting them shipped from Apple. If they didn't stock up are there going to be enough minis or will they ship the nano instead?

EDIT: I see from the Walkers winners list that there's quite a few people have won a couple of times inc. Jackie Aldred, Lancashire whose won 5 times! Bitch.

nomad01
Sep 13, 2005, 08:49 AM
EDIT: I see from the Walkers winners list that there's quite a few people have won a couple of times inc. Jackie Aldred, Lancashire whose won 5 times! Bitch.

LOL I know. I spotted that. I think I found one person that won four times and a few people that won twice.

Maybe she has lots of kids that she wants to supply with iPods.

Surely must be cheaper to buy them than send all the texts!?!?! I mean, FIVE times??

bollard
Sep 13, 2005, 09:17 AM
LOL I know. I spotted that. I think I found one person that won four times and a few people that won twice.

Maybe she has lots of kids that she wants to supply with iPods.

Surely must be cheaper to buy them than send all the texts!?!?! I mean, FIVE times??

Knowing that has got me wanting to try again. Must resist, must resist :mad:

retrospek
Sep 13, 2005, 10:21 AM
This thread is killing me. Everytime I see it I have to have another go at trying to win this iPod...

I've sent over 70 text messages now - and even got up at 4am in the hope I would have more of a chance !

I think it is time for me to admit defeat ! :eek:

Mark.

mpw
Sep 13, 2005, 11:17 AM
...I spotted that. I think I found one person that won four times and a few people that won twice...
I count 39 multiple winners.

My strategy's to save all my codes until the very end of the competition and blitz one draw to improve my odds.

andysmith
Sep 13, 2005, 11:19 AM
Antone who one actually got their iPod yet?
I'm just wondering if Walkers have 10,000 minis in a warehouse or whether their just getting them shipped from Apple. If they didn't stock up are there going to be enough minis or will they ship the nano instead?

This guy (http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=864902#post864902)'s got 4... I haven't received mine yet.

oreomac
Sep 13, 2005, 11:23 AM
I won mine at about 1.30 on the 3rd (saturday) & received it on the Thursday (8th). It was delivered by Royal Mail, there was a letter in there from walkers.

cheekyspanky
Sep 13, 2005, 11:39 AM
42 attempts and nothing..damnit.

I might well try again though...I hope these texts are only 10p.. :confused:

mpw
Sep 13, 2005, 12:24 PM
Congratulations Stacey Harrison from Kent!

Lau
Sep 13, 2005, 12:42 PM
Jackie Aldred, Lancashire whose won 5 times! Bitch.

She's probably massive, due to eating a 48 pack of crisps a day though. And her five minis will look like 5 shuffles in her giant, fat hands..... :D

cybersanta
Sep 13, 2005, 01:11 PM
I sent 70 no purchase codes off this morning between 1.00am - 3.30am in chunks of 10 per draw, no joy, i had to get up at 6am aswell, i have started to worry myself with my borderline obsession, i am being held together with coffee right now, im just gonna send codes on the website, at like 4pm next time, im not doing the night shift again :(

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL :D

andysmith
Sep 13, 2005, 02:28 PM
She's probably massive, due to eating a 48 pack of crisps a day though. And her five minis will look like 5 shuffles in her giant, fat hands..... :D
Not bitter I take it? :D

Lau
Sep 13, 2005, 03:20 PM
Not bitter I take it? :D

Not even slightly.... :D

nomad01
Sep 13, 2005, 04:02 PM
Not even slightly.... :D

LOL I sent three texts off earlier... just a random chance.

Not even got the Sorry replies back. I suspect Walkers technology is not coping with the demand here!

I wonder how big(allegedly), fat(allegedly), common(allegedly) Jackie Aldred managed to win so many!? ;-)

andysmith
Sep 14, 2005, 04:14 AM
I received mine today - complete with a 'Congratulations' letter written in Comic fecking Sans :D

bollard
Sep 14, 2005, 04:33 AM
and no purchase necessary codes ???? Maybe they are giving preference to codes from crisp packets (makes sense)

iMeowbot
Sep 14, 2005, 04:38 AM
Is this for UK only?
Yeah. The US version (Walkers is Lay's here) is a sweepstakes for a trip to an NFL game :p

nomad01
Sep 14, 2005, 05:53 AM
and no purchase necessary codes ???? Maybe they are giving preference to codes from crisp packets (makes sense)

I did wonder that myself. Although the No Purchase Necessary thing is a legal requirement and if they're giving preference to crisp packet codes, surely that would be bending the law a bit?

I entered a chunk of codes from crisp bags (multipack) early one morning and didn't get anything so I think my luck's run out either way!

nomad01
Sep 14, 2005, 05:54 AM
I received mine today - complete with a 'Congratulations' letter written in Comic fecking Sans :D

I'm still waiting for mine from the 7th! Grrr.

Are they sent recorded delivery?

Ashapalan
Sep 14, 2005, 06:01 AM
yeh its recorded delivery.

Im waiting for mine from the 9th, seeing as you havent got yours yet, looks like i'll be waiting a while.

but hey, if it comes it comes

until then, it doesnt feel like mine.

nomad01
Sep 14, 2005, 06:04 AM
yeh its recorded delivery.

Im waiting for mine from the 9th, seeing as you havent got yours yet, looks like i'll be waiting a while.

but hey, if it comes it comes

until then, it doesnt feel like mine.

It's supposed to take 2 to 5 days I think I read. So 5 working days would be... today! I'll let you know if i get it.

Wonder if Jackie has won anymore. I notice she's not got her photo on the web page. Probably trying to win a digital camera by eating pies.

andysmith
Sep 14, 2005, 06:10 AM
I'm still waiting for mine from the 7th! Grrr.

Are they sent recorded delivery?
Yep - recorded delivery in a jiffy bag.

Applespider
Sep 14, 2005, 06:17 AM
Yeah. The US version (Walkers is Lay's here) is a sweepstakes for a trip to an NFL game :p

That's why I haven't won an iPod then. I won an NFL trip last year! :p

Ashapalan
Sep 14, 2005, 06:19 AM
does anyone know where this jackie lives?!

im sure she wouldn't notice that one was missing, i mean, how can she keep her eyes on em all?

dcv
Sep 14, 2005, 06:21 AM
i sent in a few entries the other day but didn't win :(

will have to get up in the early hours to try again!

if you win do you get to choose the colour?

Applespider
Sep 14, 2005, 06:22 AM
if you win do you get to choose the colour?

Nope... apparently they are all silver; it's somewhere in the FAQs on the site.

nomad01
Sep 14, 2005, 06:25 AM
does anyone know where this jackie lives?!

im sure she wouldn't notice that one was missing, i mean, how can she keep her eyes on em all?

I don't have the street address unfortunately.

Even if she does spot you stealing one amidst all the bags of Walkers, it's not like she's going to chase you very far after eating all those crisps!

I'm not one to condone theft but the sporting man in me says "go for it!".

dcv
Sep 14, 2005, 06:25 AM
Nope... apparently they are all silver; it's somewhere in the FAQs on the site.

oh cool, i think i'll have to try again then. (didn't really fancy a pink one!) not that i NEED another ipod but hey, if they're giving them away....

Applespider
Sep 14, 2005, 06:30 AM
I don't have the street address unfortunately.

You know it's scary what you can find out - out of sheer curiousity and no stalker intentions!

A quick Google finds a Jackie Aldred who works in marketing/events at Trevor Roberts Associates based in Bolton, Lancs and a J Aldred from Bolton in BT's Directory Enquiries complete with street address.... :eek:

I guess that Jackie's friends and families know what they'll be getting for Christmas this year.

Since this comp is on all of the competition newsgroups, it's now in the hands of the pros rather than the general public for the most part. There are multiple reports there of winning several. I do think that Walkers should have put a limit of 2 per address on them...

After 30 Sept, it goes to one daily draw until end November. I wonder if saving up the codes and trying sometime in mid October would have a better chance of success!

Ashapalan
Sep 14, 2005, 06:30 AM
oh cool, i think i'll have to try again then. (didn't really fancy a pink one!) not that i NEED another ipod but hey, if they're giving them away....

Yeh! if they insist...

nomad01
Sep 14, 2005, 06:39 AM
I guess that Jackie's friends and families know what they'll be getting for Christmas this year.

What? An iPod or crisps that are past their sell by date? ;-)

So I wonder what techniques the pros are employing to win on this?

I thought entering about 40 times in the space of 5 minutes would have guaranteed a win but I guess I wasn't the only one doing it.

dcv
Sep 14, 2005, 06:49 AM
Careful.... how do you know that Jackie's not on this forum? Maybe I'm Jackie.

- I'm Jackie

- No, I'm Jackie

- No... I'm Jackie, and so's my wife! :D

nomad01
Sep 14, 2005, 07:22 AM
Careful.... how do you know that Jackie's not on this forum? Maybe I'm Jackie.

- I'm Jackie

- No, I'm Jackie

- No... I'm Jackie, and so's my wife! :D

Come on... if you were the real Jackie, you'd be too busy eating crisps to contribute on here! :)

bollard
Sep 14, 2005, 09:36 AM
No Jackie can't be on here, her fingers are so fat she can't type :D

andysmith
Sep 14, 2005, 09:41 AM
Pah, maybe she eats Walkers Lite? :p

Ashapalan
Sep 14, 2005, 10:09 AM
so....
what was this thread about again!!

mpw
Sep 14, 2005, 10:35 AM
No Jackie can't be on here, her fingers are so fat she can't type :D
cAD JO'SDCASKOPFKLM,. F';CFW WFCEML'V PKOV SOP

EDIT: Maybe she has a dialing wand.

nomad01
Sep 15, 2005, 08:08 AM
cAD JO'SDCASKOPFKLM,. F';CFW WFCEML'V PKOV SOP

EDIT: Maybe she has a dialing wand.

Yeah, like Homer? Brilliant.

Still not received mine but has anyone checked eBay? There are people on there selling the codes! One guy is selling a link to the Walkers No Purchase Necessary page to get free codes.

Jesus. Some people! :confused:

Ashapalan
Sep 16, 2005, 12:41 PM
It's Arrived!

Much smaller packaging than my sisters 1st gen, but it looks so gorgeous.

Now, i was going to sell this, but i just cant entertain the thoughtw when i hold the un opened packet in my hands...

nomad01
Sep 16, 2005, 04:08 PM
It's Arrived!

Much smaller packaging than my sisters 1st gen, but it looks so gorgeous.

Now, i was going to sell this, but i just cant entertain the thoughtw when i hold the un opened packet in my hands...

Yeah I know the feeling. Picked mine up from the PO this morning... very tempting to open... damn you Apple.

I resisted though and it was on eBay within the hour... and sold by 4ish this afternoon. Bye bye mini. Hello nano. :D

MacSA
Sep 17, 2005, 09:28 AM
The really need to find a better way of displaying the code........ half the packets i tried opening ended up damaged/unreadble.

iracha
Sep 24, 2005, 07:25 AM
I sent about 12 texts at about midnight last night and didn't get even one reply.. what do I do now :( Gutted as I used all my last credit :( Please reply Rach

nomad01
Sep 24, 2005, 07:37 AM
I sent about 12 texts at about midnight last night and didn't get even one reply.. what do I do now :( Gutted as I used all my last credit :( Please reply Rach

I think they've been struggling. I sent one code off via the website yesterday afternoon and haven't received a response either.

i've had delayed responses in the past though so you may hear eventually.

iracha
Sep 24, 2005, 08:16 AM
I think they've been struggling. I sent one code off via the website yesterday afternoon and haven't received a response either.

i've had delayed responses in the past though so you may hear eventually.

How long did you wait?

nomad01
Sep 24, 2005, 08:56 AM
How long did you wait?

I think I've had them a day or maybe two days late and sometimes not at all.

Not great.

jjjacqueline
Sep 27, 2005, 02:50 PM
Will the real Jackie Aldred step forward :D :D :D :D

I am amazed you have nothing better to do than wonder what I am up too!

I have won 6 not 5, havent entered in past two weeks as been in Turkey fully inclusive 5 star competition win !

And yes they let me big fat bitch with endless kids on the plane!

OK well they let me size 12 and my husband on the plane ( no kids but shiny silver ipod in tow)!

If you spent more time actually entering and gossiping you might find you win more !!

Sorry if I sound rude but having seen my name plastered all over boards (google tracked this forum down) had to say something :confused:

mpw
Sep 27, 2005, 02:55 PM

...If you spent more time actually entering and gossiping you might find you win more !!...
Sorry. :o

Can I have an iPod?

nomad01
Sep 27, 2005, 03:54 PM

Yay!!!

We're just bitter and jealous. You're secretly our hero! ;)

So care to tell us how you managed to get 6 of them? :eek:

cheekyspanky
Sep 27, 2005, 03:56 PM
!

I am amazed how you must spend all day entering competitions.

Takes all sorts I guess.

I'd like to see a photo of a 6 iPod mini group shot before i'm convinced of the authenticity of this anyway... :rolleyes:

nomad01
Sep 27, 2005, 04:07 PM
I am amazed how you must spend all day entering competitions.

I'm more amazed that somebody is Googling their own name! I've never tried (until just! lol) but then it is a common name so there never seemed much point... well that and I never considered myself important enough to be gossiped about.

Jackie should think herself lucky... she's a living legend. :rolleyes:

jjjacqueline
Sep 27, 2005, 04:23 PM
use google to find out my authenticity (jjjacqueline) i dont hide, i have nothing to hide, i am a full time comper who is dedicated to winning, you all have the same chance as me, i just dont give in !!! as for photos with 6 mini ipods nah didnt bother taking any as it is a low value prize (unlike nutrigrain and currys/dab win a new vauxhall astra breeze !!!!) i have nothing to prove, i am me you are you i consider myself to be dedicated, you prove to yourselves that i am me ? you will not see me winning any more ipods as my target is reached, good luck to all who are entering and tough to those who arent :) :) :) :)

Lau
Sep 27, 2005, 04:33 PM
I am SO amused. :D

By the way, I've always thought, surely professional competition enterers have loads of nice stuff, but it's all really random stuff? Or do they pick and choose what they enter? Or do they sell all the weird stuff? Hmmm. Maybe jjjacqueline can elaborate.

Again, may I just say that I am very, very amused.

nomad01
Sep 27, 2005, 04:36 PM
By the way, I've always thought, surely professional competition enterers have loads of nice stuff, but it's all really random stuff? Or do they pick and choose what they enter? Or do they sell all the weird stuff? Hmmm. Maybe jjjacqueline can elaborate.

I've only ever known one pro competition winner and I always thought it was such a pity that you couldn't win good taste. :D

Lau
Sep 27, 2005, 04:52 PM
I've only ever known one pro competition winner and I always thought it was such a pity that you couldn't win good taste. :D

Heh heh. :D

Still though, let us not forget we are talking about a profession here. This is someone's livelihood.

:D

jjjacqueline
Sep 27, 2005, 05:01 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: just realised i am using windows xp !!!!, on a mac forum :eek: :eek: :eek: get a life chaps :D :D :D :cool:

Lau
Sep 27, 2005, 05:18 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: just realised i am using windows xp !!!!, on a mac forum :eek: :eek: :eek: get a life chaps :D :D :D :cool:

Maybe you should enter a competition to win a Mac.

Ashapalan
Sep 27, 2005, 05:32 PM
lol, jackie has entered the building.

well done with your winnings, i've settled for the one, (unwillingly!)

StokeLee
Sep 27, 2005, 05:53 PM
I text bout 20 via the website in a bout 15 mins, and bout 80 by text in 7 mins (saved them on my mobile first), at just after 3am one morning, and i won

NOTHING

:mad: :( :mad: :(

nomad01
Sep 28, 2005, 12:32 AM
just realised i am using windows xp !!!!, on a mac forum :eek: :eek: :eek: get a life chaps :D :D :D :cool:

That's okay Jackie. I'll go post a message on one of your competition forums when I'm not entering a competition so it'll all balance out in the grand scheme of things.

Pot... kettle... black ;) :cool:

jjjacqueline
Sep 28, 2005, 03:41 AM
:cool: :)

XP PRO
Oct 16, 2005, 12:00 PM
HEY

IVE HEARD ABOUT WALKERS IS GIVING FREE IPODS AWAY ? HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU HAVE LOST OR WON AND WHEN THEY RING YOU WHAT DO THEY ASK 4 ?

:cool: