Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
London
Apparently you can now download programs and watch them anywhere later up to 30 days even without an internat connection.

Can anyone get this to work on an iOs6 device?

I can download the program but cant get to watch it unless I have a wifi connection which makes 'downloading' it in the first place pointless?

MacUser09

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2009
UK
Works ok on my iPad 3, and I am downloading in Thailand via a VPN. Takes ages to download, but it works.

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
London
OK for some reason if I put the phone into Airplane mode it plays the programs that I have downloaded.

http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/announcements/mobile_tab_downloads_3gwifi

Due to a technical issue with some networks and device configurations, playback of a downloaded programme will not work for some users when connected to the internet by 3G or Wi-Fi.

We are aware of the issue and are working on a fix, which will be rolled out in a future BBC iPlayer app update.

In the meantime you can watch downloaded BBC iPlayer programmes by temporarily switching off Wi-Fi and turning off your mobile data connection. To do this on an iOS device go to Settings > General > Mobile Data > Set Mobile Data to OFF. On some devices you might find this under Settings > General > Cellular > Enable 3G > Set Enable 3G to OFF.

Turning off your mobile data connection will allow you to receive incoming calls and texts while enjoying your favourite BBC programmes. However, you will need to switch mobile data back on to receive email or be able to access the internet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.