Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slrandall

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2011
People with more knowledge about how OS X and iOS work than I, would it be possible to sync Keychains across iOS and OS X?

As a university student, I have a bunch of class webpages that are password protected. When I enter them on my Mac, they'll save and automatically allow me into the page next time I access it. On iOS, not only do I have to enter the password each time, it won't just get the password from Keychain Access on my Mac through iCloud, syncing, etc.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I don't think our Keychain syncs via iCloud, but I could be wrong. I personally use 1Password to sync my credentials across all of my devices.

RTWG

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2008
.Mac and MobileMe synced keychains, but iCloud doesn't. :(

VulchR

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
So far as I know there is no keychain :apple: app on the iPhone. I wish there were. There are password managers, some of which have been shown to be unreliable. I use Strip lite, which was reviewed favorably by a security organization. Still, you're limited to entering passwords by cut and paste.

Maybe someday Apple will provide something like keychain for the iPhone - perhaps as part of Passport....

jent

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2010
.Mac and MobileMe synced keychains, but iCloud doesn't. :(
Between Macs, right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe there's ever been Apple-supplied password syncing between OS X and iOS devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.