Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
I had the diztronic frost and i really liked it for the white iPhone.

But for the black, it looks really meh.

Should I just get it in black or consider getting a smoke from a very similar company?

I have a smoke tpu from Minisuit, but it's boxy and the buttons are stiffer to press than the Diztronic (though the opening at the bottom is more exposed, but I never really saw it as an issue)

I also like how easily TPU comes off. I liked my Poetic Atmospheres, but it's real real pain to get them off all the time if I want to use the phone without a case.

http://www.amazon.com/Luvvitt-FROST...d=1350935888&sr=1-2&keywords=luvvitt+iphone+5

that looks sort of tempting.

barryst

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2009
I'm using the diztronic black on my black i5 and really like it in terms of the quality, feel, button play, and fit.

However, I'm on the look-out for an even thinner case (the diztronic is by no means big, but i've seen thinner) that doesn't have as big a lip around the bevel, and also one that is translucent as to show off some of the iphone's design.

I may wait for the power support air jacket, or the matte black noot

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
I like having the front lip for drop protection.

I just wish Diztronic made a clear smoke version that would be the end all for me.

Even the smoke TPU case I have has a matte back so it's not super clear to see through.

Might just order the black and be done with it... hmmm

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN

I just wish Diztronic made a clear smoke version that would be the end all for me.

Even the smoke TPU case I have has a matte back so it's not super clear to see through.

Might just order the black and be done with it... hmmm

I think you would like it. Black looks super on the black phone. Especially when all the buttons and frame are black, so you don't have any show thru of bright metal.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Got the black Diztronic in the mail today, and I really like the matte feel of the back and the glossy front lip.

Looks and feels good as I expected from using the frost one.

Ramio

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2011
Houston, TeXas
Get the diztronic tpu. It's slim, protective and feels like silk in the hand. One of the best cases I have had. All this for under 15 shipped. Felt better than the incipio Frequency I had before.

illmatic41

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2012

I had emailed Clay from Diztronic through Amazon and he said a Smoke/Translucent Gray would be made in their next batch. He said they are hoping for a November 1st availability. I already own the black and find it to be the perfect case, but would love a smoke version too.

sparky12

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2012
Does this case allow for the phone to stand up ? Like if you place it on a table with the speakers down, will it stand by itself?

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
I had emailed Clay from Diztronic through Amazon and he said a Smoke/Translucent Gray would be made in their next batch. He said they are hoping for a November 1st availability. I already own the black and find it to be the perfect case, but would love a smoke version too.

Very cool! I'm actually enjoying the black a bit more than I thought I would have.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.