PDA

View Full Version : Empty secure trash?

ET iPhone Home
Oct 22, 2012, 06:58 PM
So I was deleting some unwanted files. I opted to do an EMPTY SECURE TRASH from the Recycle Bin due to some sensitive work related files. Anyway, it deleted most of the files I wanted to delete with exception of some screenshots, video taken from iPhone and it's telling me that I don't have authorization to delete these files.

Can someone please explain why? Any suggestions to override this. Thank you.

Calot
Oct 22, 2012, 07:25 PM
If the files are in use you will be unable to delete them from the trash. Also, be sure to eject any image (.dmg file) that you may have used.

ET iPhone Home
Oct 22, 2012, 07:36 PM
If the files are in use you will be unable to delete them from the trash. Also, be sure to eject any image (.dmg file) that you may have used.

Strange. I did a SHUT DOWN. Then, 30 mins. later, turned it back ON, and all those files are gone. Strange, that it asked me that I didn't have permission and now they've disappeared.

Yes, I initially had some files in use, and closed them out before making an attempt to delete them from TRASH. But somehow, SHUT DOWN was able to correct this.

Calot
Oct 22, 2012, 09:41 PM
Strange. I did a SHUT DOWN. Then, 30 mins. later, turned it back ON, and all those files are gone. Strange, that it asked me that I didn't have permission and now they've disappeared.

Yes, I initially had some files in use, and closed them out before making an attempt to delete them from TRASH. But somehow, SHUT DOWN was able to correct this.

That has never happened to me... Well, at least it got fixed!