PDA

View Full Version : Macbook Air (2012) - Stuck downloading bootcamp drivers

Swingz
Oct 23, 2012, 03:52 AM
I did everything I needed to and installed Windows 7 and its working fine. However I obviously still need the drivers required from the bootcamp assistant. I have been trying to download them through the bootcamp assistant and the download is stuck on around 20%.

I have done some searches and found people with similar problems but didn't find the solution. My Air is 2012 and running Mountain Lion. I tried some of the direct link downloads but couldn't find one that was still live.

Any help is appreciated.

Calot
Oct 23, 2012, 09:21 AM
It may seem that it is stuck, but it IS downloading. It's more than 1GB of data, and sometimes the servers are kind of slow, so it doesn't matter what kind of internet connection you have.

Just wait. It could take up to 45 minutes or 1 hour.

xcarroll
Nov 11, 2012, 10:22 AM
I had the same experience. This is my solution : http://www.cafe-encounter.net/p682/download-bootcamp-drivers

For me, BootCamp assistant kept giving up and saying there was an error. Repeatedly. Which motivated me to dig around and, largely boosted by a post by Tim Valenta, I got together a table of direct download links. It does change but I'll probably keep it up to date.

Hope that helps,

Chris