Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drew017

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
Wasn't apple supposed to send an email to those with @me.com addresses offering a @icloud.com alias? I haven't recieved mine yet... :confused: and I'm still confused a out what's going on on with that :p

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
Wasn't apple supposed to send an email to those with @me.com addresses offering a @icloud.com alias? I haven't recieved mine yet... :confused: and I'm still confused a out what's going on on with that :p

So you don't see an @icloud.com equivalent of your @me.com account when you log in to appleid.apple.com? Or when you go to Settings > iCloud > Account > Mail (under "Advanced" heading)?

Mine's been there for about a month and I've read of others who've also seen theirs.

It does appear that the roll-out's been gradual but I would've figured that everyone who had an @me.com account would be able to see theirs now.

Also, here's the Apple support document about @icloud.com email addresses: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5441

Drew017

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
So you don't see an @icloud.com equivalent of your @me.com account when you log in to appleid.apple.com? Or when you go to Settings > iCloud > Account > Mail (under "Advanced" heading)?

Mine's been there for about a month and I've read of others who've also seen theirs.

It does appear that the roll-out's been gradual but I would've figured that everyone who had an @me.com account would be able to see theirs now.

Also, here's the Apple support document about @icloud.com email addresses: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5441

Okay thanks I found it under the apple ID site, however I cannot make it my ID. The only email it will take is my old gmail, which I don't use because I switched to icloud a while back. I cannot make either of my @me.com address or my new @icloud.com address my main apple id

----------

It is already there under your settings! You can choose whatever xxx@me.com or xxx@icloud.com, but you will need ios 6!

I don't see that in iOS 6...

aziatiklover

macrumors 68030
Jul 12, 2011
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Okay thanks I found it under the apple ID site, however I cannot make it my ID. The only email it will take is my old gmail, which I don't use because I switched to icloud a while back. I cannot make either of my @me.com address or my new @icloud.com address my main apple id

----------

I don't see that in iOS 6...

I think your xx@me.com will need to be created as an Apple ID in the first place, and not from a gmail, yahoo etc....

FogCityMac

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
I think your xx@me.com will need to be created as an Apple ID in the first place, and not from a gmail, yahoo etc....

What do you mean?

My Apple ID, i.e., that I use for iTunes is an @yahoo account. I have had and use an @me.com account; it's just not my Apple ID for iTunes.

So what do you mean my @me.com account will need to be created as an Apple ID. How do I do this??

aziatiklover

macrumors 68030
Jul 12, 2011
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
What do you mean?

My Apple ID, i.e., that I use for iTunes is an @yahoo account. I have had and use an @me.com account; it's just not my Apple ID for iTunes.

So what do you mean my @me.com account will need to be created as an Apple ID. How do I do this??

Yea we are talking about the apple ID aka email from icloud, not the itunes ID to purchase! I know a lot on confusion with apple new Apple ID system, and how they call it!

Drew017

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
Yeah at some point I may go ahead and make an appointment with a genius at an Apple store to get this figured out... :/ the confusion over this is a but frustrating

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.