Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diamond3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
They finally updated Final Cut Pro X to version 10.0.6.

A lot of much needed issues have been fixed or features added. Another nice update.

http://www.apple.com/finalcutpro/whats-new/
http://www.philiphodgetts.com/2012/10/final-cut-pro-x-10-0-6/

Some notable features:
Copy and Paste Attributes
Easily copy and paste specific attributes between multiple clips. A new interface allows you to see the source clip and choose exactly which effects you want to transfer.

Dual Viewers
Compare shots and match action by enabling a second viewer on demand, which displays the media you skim, select, and play in your Event Browser. You can choose to show video scopes for both viewers, making it easy to grade and match footage.
dual_viewers.jpg

Multichannel Audio Editing
Edit multichannel audio faster than ever. A simple keystroke reveals separate audio channels when you need them and collapses them when you don’t — right in the timeline. Easily disable individual channels or select ranges for fine control of timing and volume. And access the Inspector to view details of any audio file, rename individual channels, or hide them in the timeline.
multichannel.jpg

Last edited:

coldsweat

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Man this has everything I need :)

Me too, I'm over the moon with Selective Filter Pasting, Multicam Audio Improvements & Dual Viewers!

Now all I need to do is to be patient & finish my current project before updating......... screw it - updating now! :)

mBox

macrumors 68020
Jun 26, 2002
Perfect timing too since I purchased a Scarlet last week.
I just downloaded now and about to test some R3Ds from another camera.

nateo200

macrumors 68030
Feb 4, 2009
Upstate NY
Looks awesome!! As soon as I push out all these edits I have yet to export I'm going to install the new version. Really looks exciting!
Perfect timing too since I purchased a Scarlet last week.
I just downloaded now and about to test some R3Ds from another camera.
I was just thinking that! Your one happy camper!

floh

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2011
Stuttgart, Germany
This sounds really exciting, the download is already running. I would actually like to thank Apple personally for not just giving up after the huge cry when FCPX came out and for adding amazing features more quickly than I've seen on any other software.

This has been a pretty remarkable NLE for fast editing from the beginning, but by now it has added some things that actually make other NLEs look bad. The support team has not only caught up with but in my opinion surpassed many other software solutions in less than 18 months. They got to have so many people working on this.

I just love it. Well worth the money (and that's coming from someone who as a PhD student is really short on money).

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
I really hope they fixed the bug that would crash the program almost 100% of the time when I click on the little light switch in the bottom right corner, that bug was introduced in 10.0.5 and was annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.