Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

playtillyadrop

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2011
I can't decide between these devices, i've been pulling my hair trying to decide which one to get. Love the specs and size of the Note 2. The Nokia has some awesome features, but the only thing about it that scares me is the Windows Phone 8 OS. I've been using IOS and Android for a number of years, but have never played around with windows phone expect for a 5 minute stint with lumia 800. I'm afraid there wont be enough apps or should i say games on the lumia 920 compared to the note 2. I don't mind big phones either. Its just that i want to try something different and Windows Phone 8 with the nokia lumia 920 really intrigues my interest. I just can't get over the fact if i make the switch i may regret it. I know i can always sell it after and go with one i didn't buy later, but i would like to avoid that as much as i can.

So for the people that made the switch what would you recommend?

Ah The Dilemmas of Life

Akash.B

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2010
I was stuck in the same situation and so I decided to go play with the Note at a local store. Way bigger than I imagined! And the note 2 is even bigger! I couldn't handle it as a phone (even though it's awesome). So I'll be getting the Lumia

DingleButt

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2011
I doubt Id go with the Note 2 of those two. So Lumia 920 since I would be most likely getting one if it was coming to Verizon.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I was stuck in the same situation and so I decided to go play with the Note at a local store. Way bigger than I imagined! And the note 2 is even bigger! I couldn't handle it as a phone (even though it's awesome). So I'll be getting the Lumia

Its taller, but its narrower and thinner. Not too bad compared to the first one considering the screen is bigger on the 2. I couldn't manage to use a phone that large in my normal daily routine though....

playtillyadrop

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2011

Both are amazing devices but i dont mind the size of the note 2 i've had the original note and galaxy s3. Its actually not that awkward to hold or to take a call on. How are the apps on windows phone?

Akash.B

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2010
Both are amazing devices but i dont mind the size of the note 2 i've had the original note and galaxy s3. Its actually not that awkward to hold or to take a call on. How are the apps on windows phone?

I got a windows phone 7, and even a year ago there were lots of good apps on it. Lots of games too, and everything ran really stable since all WP devices have the same internals. I think a lot more apps will be coming for WP8. Most of all I love the OS, and how fast and smooth it is!

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
I already ordered a Lumia. I think the size is nice and I'm very interested in testing out a mobile OS I've never used. I think WP8 looks really cool. Plus the camera, screen, and maps sealed the deal.

I realize WP8 is a gamble but I think it offers so much and it's really up to the devs at this point to make the most of it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.