Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

satirev

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2010
I set up a couple requests for replacement almost two weeks ago and still havent gotten an empty box, nor has it been shipped out.

has anyone else experienced similar problems recently?

satirev

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2010
have called. they wont tell me anything except that they are working on it.

makes me wonder if they are switching to the nano 7th gen for replacements

;)

iPod Exchange

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2012
They are having issues

I usually get an email from Apple once the replacement has shipping. 2800+ later and I get the email every time. Last 500 were registered and replaced in only 10 days but i never got an email with the new serial number of the replacement. I did notice they are now shipping from another location and with different serial numbers than before. I have always got my return envelopes in 2-3 days. I Have been waiting on 220 since the 12th of oct. The reason for delays in the past have been because they had not return boxes/envelopes in stock. Now i am not sure what the deal is and Apple says they are working on getting the envelopes out asap. For anyone thinking Apple may ship the 7th gens as a replacement it WONT happen. I have personal contact with the person in charge of the entire replacement program and there are over 50,000 replacement 6th gens ready to go. If anyone has any specific questions on the replacement program feel free to email me. iPod Exchange is the worlds largest participant in the recall program. Maybe i can help answer your questions.

jameswitter

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2012
requested 2 boxes to my house about a month ago, still nothing... my cousin and my girlfriend both requested there's around the same time if not just after, and still nothing...

----------

I usually get an email from Apple once the replacement has shipping. 2800+ later and I get the email every time. Last 500 were registered and replaced in only 10 days but i never got an email with the new serial number of the replacement. I did notice they are now shipping from another location and with different serial numbers than before. I have always got my return envelopes in 2-3 days. I Have been waiting on 220 since the 12th of oct. The reason for delays in the past have been because they had not return boxes/envelopes in stock. Now i am not sure what the deal is and Apple says they are working on getting the envelopes out asap. For anyone thinking Apple may ship the 7th gens as a replacement it WONT happen. I have personal contact with the person in charge of the entire replacement program and there are over 50,000 replacement 6th gens ready to go. If anyone has any specific questions on the replacement program feel free to email me. iPod Exchange is the worlds largest participant in the recall program. Maybe i can help answer your questions.

do you know for sure it's just a delay and not that they are cancelling the program?

satirev

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2010

wow! youve replaced 2800!!! thats crazy!

Why do you think they wont switch to the 7th gen? are they currently manufacturing the 6th gens in addition to the 7th?

So there is no explanation for this delay so far, interesting..

iPod Exchange

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2012
The program is not ending anytime soon. The program went from a voluntary replacement to a class action lawsuit settlement in April. Because it is actually court ordered that Apple replace all affected iPods it will continue for quite some time. I have an inside source at Apple who has assured me they will let me now ASAP if a deadline is place on the replacement program.
7th gen nanos will not be used in the replacement program. Apple has assured me they have tens of thousands of 6th gens available. They are however still not giving any information on why the return envelopes are being delayed.

lamb21

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2012
I requested service on the 23rd of October but didn't receive anything till I called and asked them to send me an envelope. I called on the 7th got the envelope on the 9th mailed it out on the 10th and my new replacement was shipped on the 13th.
I really don't want the 6th gen called and begged for credit or for them to allow me to pay for an upgrade and they turned me down. He asked his supervisor if I could get the 7th instead of the 6th and they said no.

iPod Exchange

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2012
Return envelopes now shipping. Apparently there was a few changes in the way Apple processes the exchanges. Received some of my envelopes today. Labels are different than before and are now overnight priority instead of 2 day ground. The return due date is 11/23 thats 30 days not 120 as before. I will do the best i can to find out if the program is winding down but i highly doubt it.

yateseyd1991

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2011
UK
Just got my replacement on Thursday after a month of waiting for the return envelope, the replacements are still coming from Unipart in Lutterworth

:apple: iPhone 5 32GB White, iPad 3 16GB Black, iPhone 2G Sealed, iPod Video 5.5G 120GB, Shure SE425's :apple:

Proxy One

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
I did my service request on Oct 15th and still have no return envelope, ive done a dozen or so replacements and this is the longest i have waited for the envelope. Hope they get it together soon. I too would have liked a 7G but hey ill give up a 1G for a 6G any day.

northernbaldy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2010
the north, UK
I lost my first gen nano, so I was proper pissed off
A few months ago I found it in the garage :D just over a week later I got my shiny new nano in the post

Top top customer service

colter

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2012
ipod questions

Hi, I saw your post and you saw you get alot of the ipods that are from the recall? I do alot of business to with them and I'm looking for quantities. willing to do business with me? I cant find a private message tab maybe there is so we can talk.

Wreckie

macrumors regular
May 9, 2011
Does anyone know if they check if the serial of iPod matches with the one you order recall for? For instance, if happens I have multiple 1. Gen nanos and I send them packages back with iPods messed up in different packages.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.