PDA

View Full Version : Argh...so...angry....help...needed (HP iPod)

ScrubLifedotcom
Sep 4, 2005, 12:28 PM
Ok, I bought a 20gig HP iPod from Costco around the beginning of April. I use to lay awake at night just thinking about it, the places we'd go, the things we'd see, it was going to be magic. Well, I got it, and sure 'nough, it was all that I dreamed. I took it everywhere with me, used it probably 2-3 hours a day. Well, then the crap started to happen. First off, it kills iTrips. As in, I've used 3 different iTrips with it, and it's broken all 3. They just stop working. Well, I looked past this problem, because I just use tape-adaption. Well, then the real ish started to happen. You'd go to select a song, and it'd freeze, then either jump back to the main menu, or play a different song, or just not work at all. So then I reset it after it froze, and it wouldn't turn back on. Giving me both the sad iPod face, and the dead-battery icon. Well, I finally got it back to life, restored the thing, updated it, and now it's almost worse. Sometimes it'll turn on, sometimes it won't. Sometimes the computer will read it, sometimes it won't. You're very, very lucky if it'll actually play the song you want, and not freeze up, or just jump all over the place. It's the most annoying thing I've been faced with in a long time. I've read up all over the place, but no one seems to be facing any of the kind of crap I've had to go through. So, does anyone know what's wrong? Is the HD fried, or what? Bah....

imac9556
Sep 4, 2005, 12:37 PM
Costco has an excellent return policy... If your not satisfied, go ahead an return it! They don't usually care how long you had the product and will give you a full refund.
To me, it sounds like a defective iPod, burning out iTrips and freezing.
or could be a corrupted song, but it really sounds like it is defective.

Good luck!

eva01
Sep 4, 2005, 12:38 PM
Have you tried to repair the disk in disk utility that fixed mine once.

Did you go through the iPods own hidden diagnostics to see if the HD is dead?

Updating iPod firmware?

mkrishnan
Sep 4, 2005, 12:52 PM
*hugs*

It sounds like an abusive relationship. The problem with abusers is that they always tell you, this time, it will be different, that they'll get better, that they won't break things or hurt you again. But they not only do hurt you again, but even worse. I think you need to find an iPod out there that's ready to love you for who you are.