PDA

View Full Version : 15" mba?

g0odfr1end102
Oct 24, 2012, 02:44 AM
Do you think we will ever get to see a 15" MBA? I would be an immediate buyer, as I really prefer large/tall screens. What do you guys think? Would YOU consider buying one?

AlvinNguyen
Oct 24, 2012, 03:17 AM
Totally defeats the purpose of having an "Air" I think anything above 3lbs is in "normal" laptop terrority. If anything, I would prefer to keep everything the same and throw in a better (retina) screen and keep battery the same. I think the design is perfect - I mean what the hell else would they do with it? :confused: make the whole thing 1 thin sheet of aluminum?!

oldtime
Oct 24, 2012, 09:54 AM
Yeah, I think it's very unlikely that we'll see a 15" Air in the future.

CoMoMacUser
Oct 24, 2012, 10:01 AM
Would YOU consider buying one?

Yes. I'm willing to deal with the extra weight -- a half-pound at most? -- to get a bigger screen and longer battery life.

Mrbobb
Oct 24, 2012, 11:37 AM
Sum ppl here already having flex prob with the 13" now u want a similarly thin 15"? Not unless it's made out of a stiffer material wo adding weight.

ixodes
Oct 24, 2012, 11:42 AM
Do you think we will ever get to see a 15" MBA? I would be an immediate buyer, as I really prefer large/tall screens. What do you guys think? Would YOU consider buying one?
I'm with you.. if Apple were to make a non-retina, hi-res, anti-glare, average performance 15" MBA I bet people would be shocked at how many would sell.

I'd buy one in a flash, without a second thought.

I too like a large display, as thin as MBA's are, it would fit in a briefcase quite nicely and be great as an alternative to a pricey rMBP for those that neither need one or want one.

The first rumored 15" MBA that was floated like a trial balloon was great. :)

jojoba
Oct 24, 2012, 12:02 PM
I'd love a 15" air, but I'm not going to hold my breath.