Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jshbckr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 20, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Since its less than a month away, I might wait it out if there are deals. If I recall correctly, Apple didn't have a discount on the mini last year... But what about places like Best Buy, MicroCenter, etc?

Saving $50+ would probably be worth the wait but if its something piddly like $10-20 I might just jump sooner rather than later.

Any insight?

Omnius

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2012
Since its less than a month away, I might wait it out if there are deals. If I recall correctly, Apple didn't have a discount on the mini last year... But what about places like Best Buy, MicroCenter, etc?

Saving $50+ would probably be worth the wait but if its something piddly like $10-20 I might just jump sooner rather than later.

Any insight?

I believe Apple does up to 10%, which is a discount students, teachers and a number of others can claim throughout the year.

k.alexander

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2010
I'm looking at minis on the student store and they're only discounted $20 ($579 and $779). That's a lot less than 10%. Will BF deals be any better?

jshbckr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 20, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I believe Apple does up to 10%, which is a discount students, teachers and a number of others can claim throughout the year.
They do that on the higher ticket items, but after digging a little, looks like last year was $34 (6%) on the base model and $29 (4%) on the mid level.

Not sure if its worth it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.