Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
I hope you do well with the forums, but to advertise your forum on another forum is slightly tacky and might be against MR rules. Good luck with your board though.

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
Sorry if it is :(

If it is, Mod please delete this topic.

(BTW i apogize it if is)

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
good luck with your forum.

I didn't join, but I clicked through a few ads for you :)

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
tikibangout said:
I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but I hate people that do this. I post on three Mac forums, thats enough for me.

no biggie. Thanks for your in-put anyway.

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
Ok then, Sorry everyone.

Should i ask a mod to close this thead?

Also, where can i find a place to ask more people to join?

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
You should put a link to your forum in your signature.

As you make friends here and people get to know you, I bet some people will check your forum out. Alot of people here do that type of thing.

I don't think you should ask to have your thread removed... If the mods don't like it, they will close it.

Good Luck!

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
Ok thanks!!!

Can someone please tell me how to post a link in your sig that actually works?

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
when you go into "edit my signature" click on the hyperlink symbol: looks like a globe and chain link. Type in the text you want people to see such as "Take a look at my very own forum!" or whatever and then it will prompt you for the url.

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
njmac said:
when you go into "edit my signature" click on the hyperlink symbol: looks like a globe and chain link. Type in the text you want people to see such as "Take a look at my very own forum!" or whatever and then it will prompt you for the url.

Thanks! Your instructions were most helpful!

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
As long as it isn't a commercial site, you get one free announcement -- but, it should have been somewhere else like.

Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Advertising your site all the time is a no-no, but new sites and MAJOR changes are allowed.

Unless you are clearly doing a commercial advertisement, then you usually get pounced on by the mods for spam advertising.

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
Yep, this is my personal forums.

And, sorry, i guess i posted in the worng place
Thanks for moving it, whoever did so!

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
BTW we still need more members so feel free to join :) we have 14 so far.

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
ATTENTION EVERYONE :) We now have our own domain. We still need more members so feel free to sign up :)

Thanks!

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Just so you know, half of the world's ISPs block .tk domains from being accessed. Road Runner, in my case, does. You should look into getting a TLD domain name and hosting. Who knows when those free places will die. :(

Forum looks nice though!

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
ITASOR said:
Just so you know, half of the world's ISPs block .tk domains from being accessed. Road Runner, in my case, does. You should look into getting a TLD domain name and hosting. Who knows when those free places will die. :(

Forum looks nice though!

Thanks 4 letten me know. So this other site U are talking about is also free?

Thant would be cool!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.