Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

micrors4racer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2012
I am helping someone diagnose an issue or maybe a feature? When their 2011 macbook air 13 inch boots from deep sleep (which is after a hour correct?) it will display the filevault login screen which doesnt have the normal canvas background and then it will also ask for the password again when it boots this time using the normal wake from sleep screen which displays the darkened desktop background.

Is this normal behavior? Their screen also flashes slightly when waking from deep sleep like its initializing the screen.

These behaviors don't happen in normal sleep like closing the lid and then opening it in less than an hour.

oxfordguy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2008
Oxford, England
I am helping someone diagnose an issue or maybe a feature? When their 2011 macbook air 13 inch boots from deep sleep (which is after a hour correct?) it will display the filevault login screen which doesnt have the normal canvas background and then it will also ask for the password again when it boots this time using the normal wake from sleep screen which displays the darkened desktop background.

Is this normal behavior? Their screen also flashes slightly when waking from deep sleep like its initializing the screen.

These behaviors don't happen in normal sleep like closing the lid and then opening it in less than an hour.

Yes, this sounds similar to what happens with my mid-2012 MBA emerging from deep sleep

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I have FV2 on with 2102 MBA and this is normal behavior. FV2 changes the boot process and that is what you are seeing. A login from sleep and login at start are two different processes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.