PDA

View Full Version : Final Cut Pro Zebra

Espnetboy3
Sep 5, 2005, 04:33 PM
Ok so working in final cut pro ive never noticed it before but I get the zebra effect in the canvas window when the video is paused. There is also a little yellow like caution sign at the top of the window. If i color correct this and bring down the brightness the yellow sign turns into a green check witha plus and or just a green check. What is this all about and what diff shades of the zebra do I want to be perfect. Thanks

Lacero
Sep 5, 2005, 04:43 PM
This is only if your video is going to broadcast since it's used to flag bright or saturated areas of your video to make it video safe. It's normally not necessary for personal viewing or for the web.

The color of the zebra can be green or yellow, but not red. Yellow zebras only mean that you are close to going over the broadcast-safe range.

xsedrinam
Sep 5, 2005, 05:09 PM
I thought this was going to be another thread about Bruce, the Wonder Yak.

Espnetboy3
Sep 5, 2005, 09:15 PM
Lacero thanks for the help. Is there a way to turn this off? Also, when color correcting, getting the green checkbox means its now broadcast safe correct?

Lacero
Sep 5, 2005, 09:54 PM
Yes.

To turn it off, press Control-Z. It's also buried in the View menu.

Espnetboy3
Sep 6, 2005, 10:54 PM
Thanks lacero. So now that the green or yellow is good, does the same go for when i color correct it with the green check box on top of the canvas?