PDA

View Full Version : Revenue from freemium apps shoots up, paid ones stagnate on iOS/Android

onthecouchagain
Oct 26, 2012, 10:07 AM
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Revenue-from-freemium-apps-shoots-up-paid-ones-stagnate-on-both-Android-and-iOS_id35982

Top apps are moving toward Freemium models.

Dave.UK
Oct 26, 2012, 10:24 AM
I run a forum dedicated to a freemium app on both Android and ios. Its a pretty popular game which I think is down to it being free!

If you want to rush through the game, then you can spend money, however a lot of players like to take their time and complete it for free.

I probably would never have downloaded it and got addicted to it if it was a paid app, its amazing how they draw you in and get you to spend money in the end!

Stuntman06
Oct 26, 2012, 03:49 PM
I'm not a heavy mobile gamer. I do play some PC games and found that Freemium games are attractive as I get to try it out. If I am really into the game and have spent many hours on it, I am likely to buy a few features. I think Freemium is the way to go on any platform.

LIVEFRMNYC
Oct 26, 2012, 06:47 PM
Freemium games don't hold my interest for long being that they make it impossible to gain(coins or items) or lvl up unless you purchase something.