Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Prior to ios 6, the iPhone and iPad would autocorrect iphone to iPhone and ipad to iPad, iCloud, ios, etc. It no longer seems to.

Your experience?

SnowDX

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
The Great White North
iPhone iPad iCloud iOS iPod iMac MacBook Apple TV

Apparently still works for me. This is on an iPhone 5 though, not a phone upgraded to iOS 6. I no longer have one of those to test with.

Lukkee24

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2011
London
Funnily enough, the other day my iPhone didn't autocorrect ipad to iPad. But I think that was a one off, because it does now.

J.C

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2008
I noticed this too but it seemed to sort itself out for me. No problems currently.

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
Autocorrect has been messed up since iOS 6 came out. It seems to work OK after a restart but fades after that. Same thing with keyboard shortcuts. Very annoying.

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
Nope, I was talking to my friend about my new AirPort Extreme, and I was typing it like "Airport Extreme" and it changed it to "AirPort Extreme" every time.

"iOS" is hit and miss though, sometimes it changes it into something completely wrong, lol.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
it's hit or miss with me. however it seems to have fixed itself somewhat. it will correct itself with text, email, and typing in safari however when googling something it does not? :confused:

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
It never autocorrects in the google search box.

Autocorrect works fine for me with all Apple products. iPhone, iPad, iPod, iMac, iBook, MacBook. See? :p

If you have consistently told it not to correct one of them, it might stop for you. If you find it a problem, reset the keyboard dictionary. I had an issue a while back where I made one stupid typo, that it then thought I wanted to type all the time. I reset the keyboard dictionary, and it was fine again.

SnowDX

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
The Great White North
If you have consistently told it not to correct one of them, it might stop for you. If you find it a problem, reset the keyboard dictionary. I had an issue a while back where I made one stupid typo, that it then thought I wanted to type all the time. I reset the keyboard dictionary, and it was fine again.

The issue is not that it's stopping entirely for me. It's that it does it sometimes and doesn't sometimes.

iPhone iPad iPhone - see worked fine just now but in my post above it did NOT auto correct, and in my post above that it DID.

And I have never hit the X on auto correcting Apple product names.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.