PDA

View Full Version : Couple of iPod / iTunes Questions

curlysworld
Sep 6, 2005, 03:21 AM
Hi Guys,

Hope you can help this one if possible.

I have a home network setup and store all my music on one central machine so I can stream it out through my laptop if necessary. My girlfriend also has a laptop and we each have an iPod Shuffle.

I need a way to be able to have myself and my girlfriend purchase music from iTunes Music store on one account and have it available to play on both machines / iPods. I know the licence allows me to use my account on up to 5 machines, but I don't really want to pass out my password, as I use my .mac account as my iTunes login Is there a way I can set up an alias on my .mac account which will give her a linked account to my iTunes music store downloads so I can play hers and she can play mine? (Hope this makes sense)

Next question is simpler: there is an option to convert files to be transferred to my iPod to AAC format, does this convert the files I have on my PC, or does it just convert them as it transfers them across?

Also, anyone had any luck removing small scratches from the back of iPods (I have a 20Gb Gen3, none of the scratches are deep, I have just been careless)

Thanks for your time,
Curly

DarkNetworks
Sep 6, 2005, 08:15 AM
Hi Guys,

Also, anyone had any luck removing small scratches from the back of iPods (I have a 20Gb Gen3, none of the scratches are deep, I have just been careless)

Thanks for your time,
Curly

Hi there.

I don't think there's anyway that i know and i've come across to remove those scratches...
Sorry can't help

No problem...you're most welcome...

curlysworld
Sep 6, 2005, 08:51 AM
Cool, thanks for your advice, I wasn't sure if anything such as Brasso might work.

Curly