Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

no1se

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
Kitchener, Ontario
Hello.

Lately I have updated my 13" MacBook Pro Early 2011 with 16 GB of RAM, a 240 GB Corsair SSD, and a 750 GB Western Digital HDD, replacing the SuperDrive into a special external enclosure.

So recently it's become necessary for me to have Windows on my Mac. As ever I partitioned my SSD with Boot Camp Assistant, all good.

But as I insert the Windows DVD and boot from it, I get into a black screen with blinking _ symbol in the upper left corner like shown here, but the title Windows is loading files... does not appear.

I've tried it with two different DVDs, both Windows 7, but still the same.

So I wonder if anyone could give advice on how to install Windows despite what I'm experiencing.

Thanks in advance.

kimovski

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2011
Macau
Hello.

Lately I have updated my 13" MacBook Pro Early 2011 with 16 GB of RAM, a 240 GB Corsair SSD, and a 750 GB Western Digital HDD, replacing the SuperDrive into a special external enclosure.

So recently it's become necessary for me to have Windows on my Mac. As ever I partitioned my SSD with Boot Camp Assistant, all good.

But as I insert the Windows DVD and boot from it, I get into a black screen with blinking _ symbol in the upper left corner like shown here, but the title Windows is loading files... does not appear.

I've tried it with two different DVDs, both Windows 7, but still the same.

So I wonder if anyone could give advice on how to install Windows despite what I'm experiencing.

Thanks in advance.

You need to put your dvd drive back to the bay in order to install windows, when the instalation is done put back the hdd on it.

Cheers :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.