PDA

View Full Version : Mac mini G4 trouble

nemesiswar
Oct 27, 2012, 12:06 PM
Alright so i bought mac mini G4 1,42 Ghz 1GB ram to install MorphOS on.

When the computer arrived and i got it hooked up when i booted the compter a grey screen appeared with a folder in the middle with the finder face flashing taking turn with a question mark. I thought to myself ok no 10.4 Tiger installer no problems, so i tossed in my MorphOS CD and the same screen came up. I tried booting again this time holding down the alt button to get to the boot menu. In the boot menu there is no hard drive or CD to boot from just a refresh button and a go ahead arrow button.

Can someone tell me what is wrong with my computer:confused:

cocacolakid
Oct 27, 2012, 12:15 PM
Try booting with the MorpOS disk in while holding the C key down. It should boot from the CD.

nemesiswar
Oct 27, 2012, 12:17 PM
Sorry didnt help just returns to the grey screen with the blinking finder face and question mark.

cocacolakid
Oct 27, 2012, 12:34 PM
Then it unfortunately sounds like your hard drive is dead.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1371802

nemesiswar
Oct 27, 2012, 01:10 PM
Thats troublesome fortunetly i had a 1 month warranty :)

I have to give you many thanks for the help!

skateny
Oct 27, 2012, 02:05 PM
Thats troublesome fortunetly i had a 1 month warranty :)

I have to give you many thanks for the help!

That's cool. Good for you.

Not everyone knows that, with most purchases, many credit card companies in the states will pay for computers and other products purchased that break or malfunction, even when the owner causes the damage, within the first 90 days of purchase. Also, many credit card companies will also automatically add a year to the given warranty. Most don't advertise these benefits, so you have to do some research.