PDA

View Full Version : MBA 11" case with storage

orangezorki
Oct 27, 2012, 01:18 PM
Hello everyone,

I've just ordered a MBA 11" to use anywhere and everywhere at work, and thought that I would just use a bag. But I've now thought that it might be better to have a case that allows you to use it without removing it from the case, which also has at least enough storage for a pen and some A4 cases.

Any ideas?

David

Lukewarmwinner
Oct 27, 2012, 02:26 PM
Hello everyone,

I've just ordered a MBA 11" to use anywhere and everywhere at work, and thought that I would just use a bag. But I've now thought that it might be better to have a case that allows you to use it without removing it from the case, which also has at least enough storage for a pen and some A4 cases.

Any ideas?

David

I would prefer a removeable sleeve. The ones that allows use of computer while inside usually traps heat from the machine making it very hot - just my experience however..

Lone Deranger
Oct 27, 2012, 02:31 PM
Never understood the desire to put an Air (or any Mac laptop) in a "permanent" case. They are invariably ugly/hide the awesome Apple design, make the laptop, fatter, bulkier and heavier, and as already mentioned, can trap heat to an extent. I've even heard reports of dirt collecting in them over time, which has caused permanent scratches to the laptop they are meant to protect.
I'd just get a good fitting protective sleeve for when it's in a bag.

orangezorki
Oct 27, 2012, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the replies,

I understand your points, and would definitely prefer a case that does what I want while having a gap where the hot air comes out. The problem is that I am a doctor, moving around the hospital, and having one unit that stays together with a little bit of space for my ward list, a few forms, and a pen would be perfect. If I was in a rush and had to take the computer out of the case every time I used it, I might leave something behind.

David