Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Orkillester

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
I recently bootcamped my late 2008 macbook, and installed a 32-bit version of Windows 7. I realize that Windows 7 is not entirely supported by this model, but I've been able to get everything except the sound to work.

Whenever I switch to my Windows 7 side, the red light comes on in the headphone jack, and I get no sound at all- from the internal speakers or anything I plug into the jack. Windows recognizes when I plug something in, but I still get no sound. Windows also says that it has all the latest drivers for my sound hardware, and I've gotten all the system updates there are for this OS (at least, the important updates offered through Microsoft). Whenever I switch to OSX, the sound plays perfectly, and I don't have to mess with it at all, so I know something is going on with the software and hardware.

Does anyone have any clue what is going on here?

Orkillester

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
Yes, I ran all the Bootcamp 2 updates, but to no avail. Windows 7 won't even read the disc of drivers that came with my Macbook- it regards it as a blank CD. However, a friend of mine and I have been working on it, and when I get another opportunity, I will attempt to install Bootcamp 3 drivers (at least, attempt to install the sound card drivers). I'll let you know what happens when I am able to do that.

PS
Interesting little tid-bit- I was able to call my friend on Skype (for the purposes of sharing my screen), and he was able to hear me through my microphone, and my computer seemed to think that I was hearing him. So the software is working, and the hardware- something just isn't connecting correctly somewhere.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.