Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mackaveli

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 1, 2005
i transferred over 120songs to the shuffle. I wo uld like to reorganize it so i can have the songs i want to play, play first. i can't reorder them though? is it possible if so how?

thanks

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Make sure teh arrow is pointed in the first column heading. Meaning, turn off sorting. God, does my typing make any sense?

geese

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2003
London, UK
Easy. In iTunes when browsing your shuffle, make sure the Track Number column is selected. Then you can drag'n'drop the order you want.

mackaveli

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 1, 2005
k thanks cause i tried doign what you guys said and it didnt work. i'll retry it right now hopefully it works.

thanks

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
Just to clarify, it's not the "Track Number" column that should be selected, that is another tag, and will be sorted. The column header you need to have selected is the left-most, unlabeled one, sometimes called the "Index" column. Then you can reorder as you wish. Also, of course, you need to set the sliding switch on the Shuffle to not be in the "shuffle" position.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.