PDA

View Full Version : how do you send files to ipod

mac000
Sep 6, 2005, 12:27 PM
im trying to avoid burning a data cd-r and i do not have a usb to usb cable to send some files from my pc to my ibook. i want to just use the ipod as the middle man, but i am not sure how to do this. iTunes does not allow me to drag and drop anthing other than music files, how to i proceed?

mac000
Sep 6, 2005, 12:32 PM
im trying to avoid burning a data cd-r and i do not have a usb to usb cable to send some files from my pc to my ibook. i want to just use the ipod as the middle man, but i am not sure how to do this. iTunes does not allow me to drag and drop anthing other than music files, how to i proceed?

nm i found it out how to enable disk use.

mac000
Sep 6, 2005, 04:23 PM
ok, i saw the guide on apple.com for the ipod to use the ipod for disk use however when i went to my PC the "enable" disk use option was grayed out and not being able to be selected. i have a ipod mini, are the mini's able to be used for disk use?

clayj
Sep 6, 2005, 04:24 PM
The PC will not be able to access the iPod in disk mode if it hasn't been formatted for use on a PC... natively, the iPod uses a Mac-style format which the PC cannot read.

mac000
Sep 6, 2005, 04:30 PM
The PC will not be able to access the iPod in disk mode if it hasn't been formatted for use on a PC... natively, the iPod uses a Mac-style format which the PC cannot read.

i originally set up my ipod and got it formatted on my pc. are u saying ipods/ipod mini's are just not compatable in disk mode on pc's period?

mad jew
Sep 6, 2005, 06:25 PM
A Mac formatted iPod won't even sync with Windows iTunes so that's not the problem. Every time I've seen the Enable Disk Usage box greyed out, it's been already ticked because the songs are set to be manually managed. Is it ticked for you also? If so, just go to My Computer, and drag files to your iPod. :)