PDA

View Full Version : Poor build quality of iPod Shuffle

bruceclay85
Oct 27, 2012, 09:17 PM
I've noticed on more than one occasion of the iPod shuffle models having some sub par build quality problems. I receive one I had ordered in the mail recently and I noticed a lot of extra glue where the clip connects to the actual iPod.

Just an odd notion for Apple considering their mantra has always been about quality and previous products have always been so great.

Hexiii
Oct 28, 2012, 03:21 AM
I've noticed on more than one occasion of the iPod shuffle models having some sub par build quality problems. I receive one I had ordered in the mail recently and I noticed a lot of extra glue where the clip connects to the actual iPod.

Just an odd notion for Apple considering their mantra has always been about quality and previous products have always been so great.

I noticed that too. My new slate Shuffle feels a lot cheaper than my 3rd gen shuffle.

MeFromHere
Oct 29, 2012, 10:23 AM
I have a new iPod Shuffle in Slate. It seems flawless so far.

hexonxonx
Oct 29, 2012, 10:38 AM
Though I have always questioned Apples build quality on everything it makes, (read the forums) some things seem to be of better build quality than others.

Just look at all the MacBook case cracks, uneven lighting on MacBook Pros and iMacs and light leaks on iPhones and iPads and the new iPhone 5. Luckily the warranty can help take care of most of these problems but lots of problems pop up after the warranty is gone though I never pay for extended warranties.

Hexiii
Oct 30, 2012, 11:58 AM
I have a new iPod Shuffle in Slate. It seems flawless so far.

Well, even though it was flawless, it somehow seems that the material is different. It feels less metallic.

palmharbor
Oct 30, 2012, 04:09 PM
All Apple products are perfect and no one has problems with them.:confused:

honam1021
Nov 6, 2012, 08:48 AM
Apple always tries to release a new product as soon as possible, thats why they often have manufacturing problems

phrk
Nov 6, 2012, 12:15 PM
If the quality of any product you bought is not meeting the standards you are expecting, consider exchanging it.