PDA

View Full Version : Please Help- I cant login!

nadinemihic
Oct 28, 2012, 02:50 AM
Hey there,

I really hope you can help me as my problem seems quite complex.
All of a sudden, as I was trying to download a book, my numbers stopped working- +,?, etc. still worked also all the other letter but all the letters were now capitalized. I had the stupid idea to restart my computer. However, now I cannot login as my password consists of numbers. Moreover, I am suddenly in Safe Boot mode although I hadnīt done that...
I tried thousand things, which I found as suggestions online (I am not very good technically though) but nobody seemed to have the exact problem I have.

Please help me, I would so much appreciate it!

Lukewarmwinner
Oct 28, 2012, 04:47 AM
Hey there,

I really hope you can help me as my problem seems quite complex.
All of a sudden, as I was trying to download a book, my numbers stopped working- +,?, etc. still worked also all the other letter but all the letters were now capitalized. I had the stupid idea to restart my computer. However, now I cannot login as my password consists of numbers. Moreover, I am suddenly in Safe Boot mode although I hadnīt done that...
I tried thousand things, which I found as suggestions online (I am not very good technically though) but nobody seemed to have the exact problem I have.

Please help me, I would so much appreciate it!

Without knowing your knowledge of computers, I'd suggest you tri shortcuts for numlock and capslock

You could use a iPhone or BT keyboard to log in and see what happen in system preferences..

nadinemihic
Oct 28, 2012, 09:36 AM
thank you so much for your reply! Iīve tried the shortcuts but it didnīt work. how can i log in with an iphone?

iīve downloaded remote mouse onto my friendīs iphone but it cannot connect with my mac cuz apparently my mac should be sending some kind of signal...

Lukewarmwinner
Oct 28, 2012, 05:20 PM
thank you so much for your reply! Iīve tried the shortcuts but it didnīt work. how can i log in with an iphone?

iīve downloaded remote mouse onto my friendīs iphone but it cannot connect with my mac cuz apparently my mac should be sending some kind of signal...

Maybe it would be easier for you to use a wired keyboard :)

nadinemihic
Oct 29, 2012, 03:54 AM
i'm on a social project in the slums in India. Its absolutely impossible to get a wired keyboard. Is there no other option?!

Lukewarmwinner
Oct 29, 2012, 03:56 AM
i'm on a social project in the slums in India. Its absolutely impossible to get a wired keyboard. Is there no other option?!

Ahh.. I really don't know. Haven't had the problem. But I wild guess the wired keyboard is the only solution..

Don't they have some electronic stores down there?

justperry
Oct 29, 2012, 04:13 AM

Your Shift key is stuck, that's the reason you also get into safe mode, just fiddle with the key a bit.
(To enter safe mode you must hold the shift key while starting up, so I am damned sure it is stuck since you also get Capital letter and !@# instead of 123)

And if you can not unstuck that key go to internet café.
Even a slum is never far away from an internet café, I have travelled much of Asia, live in Asia and there is always an internet café not too far away.
Just being lazy I guess.

nadinemihic
Oct 30, 2012, 01:31 AM
Thanks lukewarmwinner, yeah, i think i'll try that on the weekend. they do, but the net one is 2h away. Please let me know if anything else comes to your mind that might work

@ justperry; Firstly, India doesn-t equal Asia, it's incomparable to any other Asian country I've ever been to and I don't travel, I work here for several amonths. Moreover, you seem to have misread my post (although ure quite right, theres internet cafes), the problem is not the internet, but that I cannot log in because my numbers aren't working. In fact I found out that when I press down R and ALT while starting up my mac, I get Internet access. However, I also need access to my files as I also work on the side for my studies.

Yeah, I thought so too at first but now I know for certain that its not stuck as I can use it now and my letters are no longer all capitalized.

Please don't judge anybody before knowing them. In my case you happen to be quite wrong. I voluntarily work in an orphanage 9h a day.

Mrbobb
Oct 30, 2012, 01:54 AM

There may not be an Apple store nearby but am absolutely sure there is an back alley shop (they take cash only) who's willing to sell u a USB KBD.