PDA

View Full Version : A console?

rickets
Nov 23, 2002, 07:13 AM
Hi I am a noob Mac fan.

But is there some chance that Apple is going to make a video game console?

I sure hope so cause then Xbox might have some competion.:D

edesignuk
Nov 23, 2002, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by rickets
I sure hope so cause then Xbox might have some competion.:D
The XBox allready has competition, and it's whooping it's a$$! :D

wake up Jobs!!!
Nov 23, 2002, 10:04 AM
i think that appe will prob not make a console, mabe the most they will do is a set top box or somthing. it just does not seem the direction they are going in at the moment.

-GaBe-O

iJon
Nov 23, 2002, 10:21 AM
apple learned their lesson the first time they made a console. them and bandai made one. actually seemed pretty cool. it was called pippin. i believe you can still find them on ebay, if your lucky some people even sell them with a game or two.

iJon

Gus
Nov 23, 2002, 10:31 AM
They also made a set top box in 1993(?), but it wasn't really released in the U.S. It was a dismal failure because it was ahead of it's time (like most of Apple's stuff in the 90's). You can find the set top boxes on eBay for about $50.00.

Gus

Durandal7
Nov 23, 2002, 01:28 PM
I really don't see a Pippin 2 in Apple's future.

swahilibill
Nov 23, 2002, 05:10 PM
actually its not whooping its ass, do some research before you make ************ comments,

jack ass

Originally posted by edesignuk

The XBox allready has competition, and it's whooping it's a$$! :D

edesignuk
Nov 23, 2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by swahilibill
actually its not whooping its ass, do some research before you make ************ comments,

jack ass

And just who the ******* do you think you are???? :mad:
DO NOT CALL ME A JACK ASS OR MY COMMENTS ************!
XBox sales are poor, PS2 and possibly GameCube (not so sure about gamecube) ARE kicking it's ass, now why don't you go crawl into whatever hole u crawled out off....jack ass!

ShaolinMiddleFinger
Nov 23, 2002, 06:03 PM
Can you two please calm down.... I think both of you are agreeing on the same thing....you're both just wording it differently....more importantly, don't start another flame.

edesignuk
Nov 23, 2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by ShaolinMiddleFinger
....more importantly, don't start another flame.
Hey, I don't want a flame war, but there was no way I was sitting back why he spoke to/about me like that; I just had to have my say that's all. Now it's over.

demonx
Nov 23, 2002, 06:13 PM
I don't think it would be wise..
The X-Box business wise is a failure, MS has burnt alot of money developing, marketing, and trying to sell them. They lose something like $120 per each X-Box sold. Very few companies have that kind of money to throw at something, MS being the main one. For them its not a money issue its establishing themselves in the console market. But I don't think apple could take that kind of hit just to say "we made a console"

MS's big game plan is to make it up on software, and perphiteals(spelling) though so it may just work out.

bobindashadows
Nov 23, 2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by swahilibill

jack ass

Most of the time I would agree with edesignuk, but in this case swahilibill is right... The X-Box mainly sells because of Halo. They don't have nearly as many sales as they want, and barely any good games made only for X-box. It may be the most technologically advanced system, but so was the dreamcast.