PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had strain relief issues with Magsafe 2?

ancilla
Oct 28, 2012, 04:02 PM
Since the first 3 designs of the Magsafe 1 adapter were a total disaster, I am wondering:

Has anyone had strain relief issues or fraying issues with their Magsafe 2?

OnceYouGoMac
Oct 28, 2012, 07:51 PM
What's strain relief?

mrsir2009
Oct 28, 2012, 10:06 PM
Since the first 3 designs of the Magsafe 1 adapter were a total disaster, I am wondering:

Has anyone had strain relief issues or fraying issues with their Magsafe 2?

How were they a total disaster? I haven't had any issues with mine.

TheRichboy247
Oct 28, 2012, 10:30 PM
No issues with my Magsafe 2 cord. I'm loving it!

LachlanH
Oct 31, 2012, 01:35 AM
I work at a school that has over 500 laptops, split between Lenovo Thinkpad's and white Macbook's.

The laptops are housed in cabinets with the chargers secured in. You disconnect the charger, pull out the laptop and use it.

Our Lenovo chargers? Well let's just say I am waiting on an order of 40 to replace the frayed and damaged ones. And 40 won't be enough.

How many Magsafe chargers have we replaced? I think 1 maybe a couple years ago.

Seems like they are well designed to me.

mrsir2009
Oct 31, 2012, 02:00 AM
I work at a school that has over 500 laptops, split between Lenovo Thinkpad's and white Macbook's.

The laptops are housed in cabinets with the chargers secured in. You disconnect the charger, pull out the laptop and use it.

Our Lenovo chargers? Well let's just say I am waiting on an order of 40 to replace the frayed and damaged ones. And 40 won't be enough.

How many Magsafe chargers have we replaced? I think 1 maybe a couple years ago.

Seems like they are well designed to me.

They did that at my old primary school as well - None of them ever broke, even when someone strangled someone using charger cord haha...

knarzie
Oct 31, 2012, 03:04 AM
My late 2008 unibody came with the original 't-shaped' magsafe, that lasted almost 3 years. Got it replaced after 35 months I think. Now I got the newer one and I can already tell you that it won't last that long as it is much more prone to bending at the end. I often have the MacBook on my lap rather than on a desk, so the cable always hangs down.