Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puremeerkat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
So I'm looking for the right iPhone 5 case to suit my preferences. I have already been through three cases and they weren't for me.

I'm looking for a hard case (perferably black) that doesn't have any large cut outs. I want all sides to be covered. Currently I am using the Belkin Candy Sheer and the problem with the case is the power button is too hard to press and doesn't click. Maybe it's just my phone? If anyone has this case please comment. Does anyone have any recommendations for a hard case like this? Perferably $15 or less.

Last edited:

aw2575

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2012
Check out the diztronic iphone 5 case. I have it and love it. Good protection but still really thin and light.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008SFI9WU/ref=mp_s_a_1?pi=SL75&qid=1351474879&sr=8-1

aw2575

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2012
They aren't as easy as some cases I have used, but they aren't hard either. The volume buttons aren't a problem at all. The lock button is a little tougher, but I don't really think it is a problem. Try it out. If you don't like it, just send it back, but I think you will like it.

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
My grip candy sheer's sleep/wake button clicks just fine it may not click as easily as my CandyShell, but still perfectly fine.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I have the Diztronic and while it's a great case, I don't think it'll suit you as the button molds are a little tough to press down, especially the sleep button. This noot case however, is perfect for your needs: http://www.amazon.com/noot®-iPhone-...&qid=1351496441&sr=8-1&keywords=noot+iphone+5

Very similar to the Diztronic but a tad lighter, slimmer, and the buttons are extremely tactile but not overly sensitive.

I agree that the Noot will fit all your requirements and it's a great case. I've purchased a number of cases and this is my favorite. The only thing I would say is that it is not a hard case. It's not mushy soft like a silicone case but it's not a hard plastic. The feel is a soft matte that has flex (think it's TPU) and it doesn't scratch. Really the best of all worlds and cheap too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.