PDA

View Full Version : Macbook Air Suddenly Turning Off While Connected To Wall Outlet

beeinformed
Oct 28, 2012, 11:40 PM
Hi,

My Macbook Air notebook (2011 13 inch version) last week suddenly turned off (while it was connected to a wall outlet) and would not power on, no matter how many times I pressed on the power button. Fortunately, the next day, the notebook powered on. I also wanted to add that the notebook has been sent to Apple for repair, for either replacement of the logic board and/or the cable connector that is attached to the battery and logic board.

I would appreciate any feedback from members who have experienced a similar situation where their notebook suddenly turned off while attached to a wall outlet. Thanks! :)

Mrbobb
Oct 28, 2012, 11:57 PM
First glance, a thermal shutdown.

Were u doing anything intensive? was it getting warm but no fan came on?

beeinformed
Oct 29, 2012, 03:05 AM
First glance, a thermal shutdown.

Were u doing anything intensive? was it getting warm but no fan came on?

Thanks for replying to my question and by the way, does a thermal shutdown occur when the computer gets too hot, which in turn automatically turns off the computer?

As far as doing anything intensive on the notebook, I was just browsing the internet (looking at cnn, for example) and I really didn't notice whether or not the notebook was getting warm and/or if the fan came on, although since I didn't hear any noise, I guess that meant that the fan was not on. I hope the repair job done by Apple resolves all the issues I've been having with this computer, as it's been stressful for me.

Mrbobb
Oct 29, 2012, 12:50 PM
Follow this procedure (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1509) and do a hardware test.