Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beeinformed

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
Hi,

My Macbook Air notebook (2011 13 inch version) last week suddenly turned off (while it was connected to a wall outlet) and would not power on, no matter how many times I pressed on the power button. Fortunately, the next day, the notebook powered on. I also wanted to add that the notebook has been sent to Apple for repair, for either replacement of the logic board and/or the cable connector that is attached to the battery and logic board.

I would appreciate any feedback from members who have experienced a similar situation where their notebook suddenly turned off while attached to a wall outlet. Thanks! :)

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
First glance, a thermal shutdown.

Were u doing anything intensive? was it getting warm but no fan came on?

beeinformed

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
First glance, a thermal shutdown.

Were u doing anything intensive? was it getting warm but no fan came on?

Thanks for replying to my question and by the way, does a thermal shutdown occur when the computer gets too hot, which in turn automatically turns off the computer?

As far as doing anything intensive on the notebook, I was just browsing the internet (looking at cnn, for example) and I really didn't notice whether or not the notebook was getting warm and/or if the fan came on, although since I didn't hear any noise, I guess that meant that the fan was not on. I hope the repair job done by Apple resolves all the issues I've been having with this computer, as it's been stressful for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.