Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aznboi91

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
Do Microsoft employees use apple products are they allowed or will Steve Balmer get pissed?

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Yes there is a group of MS employees who use Apple computers. They're the dev team who make MS Office for the Mac among other OS X related apps.

Grannyville7989

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2010
I'm sure it's like that with many companies. I'd imagine that Dell would not want their employees to use HP laptop and printers over their own.

vistadude

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2010
I doubt many people do it at their work, just not efficient at all for what the company is doing. But outside work, I'm sure some of their employees have ipods.

I bet Apple employees rely on PCs for a lot of things, and probably many need one at home to set up their wifi routers since their laptops don't have ethernet ports anymore.

pdjudd

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2007
Plymouth, MN
Apple computers? Probably not unless you work in the MBU where it's a necessity. That's a given. The mobile devices? Sure. I am willing to bet that lots of employees opt to use iPhones though they probably don't make a big deal about displaying them about. I also bet that lots of MS employees use Android devices too. MS, near as I can tell, doesn't require or dictate employees must only use MS products and nothing else ever.

I think that they will support any mobile device that supports ActiveSync. Now of course they will give breaks to incentivize employees to use Windows Mobile, but it isn't if they can stop people from using devices that are supported.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.