PDA

View Full Version : more g4 help

raudi01
Oct 31, 2012, 04:21 AM
alright so i have a ibook g4 model m9164ll/a i just ordered a 1gb or ram to put in it
id like to upgrade my os. i have done a little research and most people say that 10.4 runs best on this ibook. even tho i can go all the way to 10.5.8 i think im gonna put 10.4 on it and upgrade it to 10.4.11 i believe is the highest. if youve got different views on which route i should go im always open to hearing other people input. now for the actual help. This ibook freezes running camino sometime and just other little buggy things that dont make a huge deal but id like to fix them if possible now when i bought the ibook i didnt get any discs with it so my question is should i but the discs to do factory reboot on it before putting the newer os on it or do you think everything will run alright with just the upgraded. i would just like to have this ibook running tip top shape. another question if i get the original discs i assume ebay or amazon would be the best bet on finding one now how do i know im getting the right one for sure?
any advise is appriciated thanks

Michael Anthony
Oct 31, 2012, 07:25 AM
I've got a 466MHz G4 Power Mac, in the end 10.5.8 ran best of it, when I used it as a main computer. If I had a faster Mac to run Leopard, than downgrading to Tiger was a worthwhile tradeoff. Otherwise, run Leopard if you don't have a faster Mac for Leopard.