Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kalexn

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Texas
Has anyone ever used these? I was reading a post where they had never dropped it in water but their sensor in their headphone jack was still red. Of course, now I am terrified this is going to happen to me.

Has anyone used the dock/port covers? Where did you get them? Are they even worth it? Of course I am just talking about protecting from water damage from rain or something when you are out and about, not dropping it in the pool or something :)

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Has anyone ever used these? I was reading a post where they had never dropped it in water but their sensor in their headphone jack was still red. Of course, now I am terrified this is going to happen to me.

Has anyone used the dock/port covers? Where did you get them? Are they even worth it? Of course I am just talking about protecting from water damage from rain or something when you are out and about, not dropping it in the pool or something :)

Take a look at this thread: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1460203/.

kalexn

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Texas
thank you but that other thread was more about where to get them and I can find them easily. I wasn't too clear as I did say where did you get them, but I meant if you like them which ones do you like vs others. Sorry about that. I just don't want to spend money on a product other people think is pretty useless.

I just wanted to hear from people who actually used them and if they found any benefit or if they were just annoying to keep track of.

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
I use them because I hate seeing dust in the port and headphone jack. They are annoying to keep track of, especially now with the smaller lightning port, but I still choose to use them because they are cheap to replace.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.