PDA

View Full Version : MBA and Mobile Phone

jmfel1926
Nov 1, 2012, 12:45 PM
Hello to everyone,

i have a MBA 2012 11'' i5/8/128 and i am very happy with it . it is my first apple device . I have a Galaxy S2 and i was wondering if i should change it for an iphone. what i want to ask is ,

what are the pros of having apple devices only ?

i was thinking of getting the ipad mini too, and having iphone, ipad and mba.

comatose81
Nov 1, 2012, 12:50 PM
First of all, don't let Apple-mania cause you to blow all of your money on devices.

That said, the main advantage in my opinion is iCloud, especially if you have Pages, Numbers, and Keynote installed on all of your devices. You can have your documents available everywhere, make edits on any of them and have them reflect on the other devices. It seems like a pretty small thing, but it is really handy to not have to worry about what device the most recent version of a document is on, and so on.

It also syncs your reminders, Safari tabs, bookmarks, etc. There are other ways to do these sorts of things, such as DropBox, but iCloud is really seamless and simple to use.

Overall, I wouldn't go out of my way to have all Apple devices, but if you are buying a new phone, tablet, etc anyways then there is a strong argument for doing so.

surjavarman
Nov 1, 2012, 12:53 PM
Syncing apps and music is much easier. It can be done from straight from itunes.

other than that or if there isn't anything else specific such as LTE, design, apps.. I'd recommend the nexus4. at $350 for the 16gb its just a bargain that no other phone can compete with

comatose81
Nov 1, 2012, 12:57 PM
Ah yes, I forgot to mention iTunes Match. It seems to get a lot of hate, but I love it. For $25 a year you never have to worry about syncing music again. All of your music is on all of your devices all of the time. Really convenient.

Again, though, Google and Amazon have services like this, so it is not a reason to abandon your devices for Apple.