PDA

View Full Version : [iPad] Do you guys think this smart cover is legit?

nickvrett
Nov 1, 2012, 05:16 PM
Getting my new ipad tmr and rather then buying the smart cover from the store I decided to save a bit and pull the trigger on this one from ebay. This seller claims that it is authentic. he is also a top rated seller but the price just seems to good to be true. 40$ shipped. What do you guys think?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/330819681598?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619#ht_3731wt_1140

glen e
Nov 1, 2012, 05:18 PM
40 Canadian...looks legit - got a good seller rating....

nickvrett
Nov 1, 2012, 05:21 PM
half the price of what it sells for in stores. there must be a catch. Oh well, ill have to wait and see.

HazyCloud
Nov 1, 2012, 05:54 PM
Be very careful. I didn't see "Made by Apple" anywhere on that auction so if it's a fake, they didn't incorrectly list it. Also check to see if returns are accepted.

I purchased one a while back and if I didn't have Apple's Smart Cover packaging at home already, I wouldn't have known it was a fake. It was copied extremely well. Counterfeiters are getting better and better all the time. This very well could be one the seller bought thinking it was real and decided to sell it once they realized it wasn't.

EDIT* "We only sell authentic products, not fakes". That alone is capable of getting your money back if it is indeed a fake. My only suspicion is that it looks too shiny to be one from Apple.

nickvrett
Nov 1, 2012, 06:22 PM
yeah I thought it was a little too shiny too compared to the ones ive seen also. I messaged the seller and he said its 100% made by apple. Are there any signs to look out for once it comes in?

LTMK
Nov 2, 2012, 12:32 AM
I would say 90% fake. Anyway you are well protected as a buyer. Just return it if its fake or you are not comfortable with it. I dont think they can make money for selling at that price cos Apple wholesale price is higher than that... good luck!!

MusicEnthusiast
Nov 2, 2012, 12:54 AM
Check out this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64yxYHizwH4&feature=related

I almost bought one from Amazon but after watching this I went straight through Apple.