PDA

View Full Version : Feeler: 15" Powerbook 1.5 & iPod mini 4gb

tekmoe
Sep 8, 2005, 08:24 AM
had a slight itch to buy a 17" powerbook late last month...the itch is getting bigger...

total feeler. trying to see what it might be worth. ebay is my best bet, as i have said time and time again. seems like the avg price for a powerbook exactly like mine is roughly 1600, but not sure yet until i get some offers thrown at me.

low ballers will be laughed at and stoned.

http://www.tekmoe.com/powerbook4sale/powerbook4sale.html

powerbook is mint with the exception of a slight scratch on the battery that can barely be seen. no dead pixels, no dents, no scratches anywhere else. has been cleaned on a weekly basis with the wonderous iKlear. bottom ram slot is fried. if i do decide to sell this powerbook, i will send the powerbook in to apple to have the logic board replaced. or if the buyer wants, they could send it themselves. doesnt matter. warranty is good until march 3, 2006.

speaking of selling...i want to sell my silver ipod mini 4gb. have had it for less than a month. mint condition, headphones have never been used (still in the unopened package), works PERFECT. probably sell for $150. maybe less.

gwuMACaddict
Sep 8, 2005, 08:27 AM
why don't you just look on ebay and see what they're selling for? :confused:

tekmoe
Sep 8, 2005, 08:35 AM
why don't you just look on ebay and see what they're selling for? :confused:

like i said, from what i've researched, 1600 "seems" to be about avg price (most of this research has been collected from ebay). just trying to collect more data from different sources. never hurts to get more. =)

gwuMACaddict
Sep 8, 2005, 08:44 AM
i wouldn't expect the market price to be *more* here, once you tell someone that they can find it for a certain price somewhere else... :confused:

tekmoe
Sep 8, 2005, 08:48 AM
i wouldn't expect the market price to be *more* here, once you tell someone that they can find it for a certain price somewhere else... :confused:

your not understanding what i am trying to explain to you. check your PM.

gwuMACaddict
Sep 8, 2005, 08:50 AM
ebay is a much larger community than macrumors. their data is going to be a large enough sample to answer your question.

i understand what you're saying.

i'm saying, nobody here is going to say- "i'll give you 2grand for it"... esp when you told them you can get it for 1600 on ebay

tekmoe
Sep 8, 2005, 08:57 AM
why would i expect someone to offer me 2 grand for my powerbook? where the heck did you come up with that idea? dude, take it to PM's and let off the posting.

jeremy.king
Sep 8, 2005, 09:46 AM
Any other specs besides proc speed? Memory, HDD, etc...

tekmoe
Sep 8, 2005, 09:51 AM
sorry...forgot to specify.

15-inch Combo Drive M9676LL/A

1.5GHz PowerPC G4
512MB PC2700 (333 MHz) DDR SDRAM, single SO-DIMM
15.2-inch (diagonal), 1280x854 resolution, TFT widescreen
ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 with 64MB of DDR SDRAM
80GB Ultra ATA/100; 5400 rpm
Combo drive DVD-ROM/CD-RW
Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T (Gigabit)
Built-in 54-Mbps AirPort Extreme; built-in Bluetooth 2.0+EDR