Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
That's all personal preference. I've been using the app on my iPhone and iPad since they added Push notifications. I like it enough to stop using the native Mail.app.

Nebulance

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2010
I still love the standard Mail app. I sync my gmail account using IMAP and everything works great. I haven't tried the gmail app, but I think it's worth a shot to try to sync everything up in Mail if you haven't already.

DefBref

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2011
Its free, just download it and try it. If you don't like it then just delete it.

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
Or should I use the website?

Why aren't you just using gmail via the regular mail app? I use it on my wife's iPad only because she already has her Gmail on the Mail App, so then I use the Gmail app for the handful of times I might check my gmail on her iPad (most of the time I would just use my iPad and/or iPhone via the mail app).

8pril

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2011
Southern Indiana
I just tried it. Thanks so much for the suggestion. I like it much better than the native Mail app. I label all the mail I keep so I was waiting to get to a real computer to manage my mail. Now I can do it on my phone. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.