PDA

View Full Version : Victims of the new Nano!

BlizzardBomb
Sep 8, 2005, 01:48 PM
Don't you feel sorry for the person who was bidding on the Nano at the top. Paying 20 more, and the seller is charging 20 more for delivery. D'oh. Let's just hope he doesn't get peeved if he hears how much it's worth.

clayj
Sep 8, 2005, 01:51 PM
What kind of IDIOT would buy a nano off eBay the day after it's released? (Or maybe I should say "iDiot".)

EDIT: My point being, why would you buy it off eBay when you can get one new from Apple?

PlaceofDis
Sep 8, 2005, 02:04 PM
What kind of IDIOT would buy a nano off eBay the day after it's released? (Or maybe I should say "iDiot".)

a windows fanboy who thinks everything apple is stupid.

clayj
Sep 8, 2005, 05:17 PM
a windows fanboy who thinks everything apple is stupid.I don't get it. :confused:

EGT
Sep 8, 2005, 05:50 PM
I don't get it. :confused:

They can't justify buying things from Apple so would rather pay more and say "i got it cheap off ebay". Either that or he/she is an idiot.

DarkNetworks
Sep 8, 2005, 09:37 PM
probally they don't know there's this place called "Apple Store"

watcher2001
Sep 8, 2005, 10:42 PM
Keep in mind that not all of us live close to an apple store. It could also be that people were thinking that Apple would make the same mistake that they did with the shuffle? that mistake being not planning on the demand. Once they announced the shuffle there was a run on ALL apple stores "in the US anyway" and they were sold out quickly(all 20 per store). Ordering from Apple online was stating 3-4 then 4-6 weeks for delivery. I wanted one so badly I was willing to pay extra to get it right away. I didn't, but I came close. Now I am the happy owner of a 60GB photo and a 512MB shuffle.

Koodauw
Sep 8, 2005, 11:18 PM
Keep in mind that not all of us live close to an apple store. It could also be that people were thinking that Apple would make the same mistake that they did with the shuffle? that mistake being not planning on the demand. Once they announced the shuffle there was a run on ALL apple stores "in the US anyway" and they were sold out quickly(all 20 per store). Ordering from Apple online was stating 3-4 then 4-6 weeks for delivery. I wanted one so badly I was willing to pay extra to get it right away. I didn't, but I came close. Now I am the happy owner of a 60GB photo and a 512MB shuffle.

For the shuffle???? Or did you mean the iPod Mini ????
I dont recall a huge wait for shuffles, but I could be wrong... :confused:

RacerX
Sep 9, 2005, 12:36 AM
For the shuffle???? Or did you mean the iPod Mini ????
I dont recall a huge wait for shuffles, but I could be wrong... :confused:iPod shuffles sold out within 45 minutes the first day they were in stock at the Apple Stores.

:rolleyes:

As for Apple Stores... there are two of them within a 5 mile radius of my home. When the shuffles came out I called and had one of the stores hold one for me. It didn't seem that hard to get one, so when I heard that they were out of stock for another week or two after that first day I was pretty amazed. :eek:

gregorydanger
Sep 9, 2005, 03:58 AM
I've never been able to wrap my head around the idea of running to eBay when ANY new product is released -- it just doesn't make any sense.

But there is always a.) someone who will, and b.) someone who doesn't actually look at the list price for the product and voluntarily pays more.

Crazy people.

caveman_uk
Sep 9, 2005, 04:06 AM
Keep in mind that not all of us live close to an apple store. It could also be that people were thinking that Apple would make the same mistake that they did with the shuffle? that mistake being not planning on the demand. Once they announced the shuffle there was a run on ALL apple stores "in the US anyway" and they were sold out quickly(all 20 per store). Ordering from Apple online was stating 3-4 then 4-6 weeks for delivery.
I agree with your first point but there doesn't appear to be a supply problem on the online Apple store and the Regents Street store had then in stock last night. So shall we assume that the ebay bidder doesn't know to (or just didn't bother to) check the Apple Store online or the bricks and mortar stores?

If s/he wants to waste their money that's their problem any way. :rolleyes:

fyzle
Sep 9, 2005, 11:36 PM
Don't you feel sorry for the person who was bidding on the Nano at the top. Paying 20 more, and the seller is charging 20 more for delivery. D'oh. Let's just hope he doesn't get peeved if he hears how much it's worth.

The bidder could be laundering money through PayPal.

Jon'sLightBulbs
Sep 10, 2005, 01:29 AM
The bidder could be laundering money through PayPal.

Of course... 40 whole pounds at a time...

BrianKonarsMac
Sep 10, 2005, 02:04 AM
apple did a decent job with estimating supply and demand on the Nano's.

i work over at an apple store and we sold out of shuffle's as soon as we got them, mini's & mighty mice too, we just didn't have the stock.

the Nano's we had a nice large supply waiting when i got into work. however it wasn't perfect. the 4gb black nano's were gone almost instantly, ppl wanted the black not the white, o well, can't always be perfect.

watcher2001
Sep 10, 2005, 02:57 AM
the 4gb black nano's were gone almost instantly, ppl wanted the black not the white, o well, can't always be perfect.

I kind of suspected that would happen. I myself love the white and think that the black is just not pretty. Maybe If I saw it up close and personal I might change my mind but the pictures just do not look good to me. Of course this is just my opinion and does not reflect the views of this station, :)