Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
I ordered several varieties last week and have them in hand, and was shocked at the email I got from them this morning... very disappointed:

---

Dear Customer,

First of all, congratulations on your new purchase of the Apple iPad Mini! We would like to thank you for choosing Kay’s Case product to protect your new gadget.

We design our product based on the leaked information from Apple product manufacturers. We have received the Apple iPad mini today and found out that the cut out of our case is not wide enough; therefore, it will not be compatible with the iPad Mini.

We apologize for all the inconvenience and our factory is currently working on this issue. We have either sent you a case with a cut out for a smart cover hinge, or a case with full coverage. Please use that case to protect your iPad mini, and once we fixed the problem, we will send you a new one and you don't have to return the old one.

We will email you when we are sending you a correct version. Once again, we are very sorry about this. We try our best to make our customers 100% satisfied shopping with us. If you have any questions, or if you just don’t think this case fits your need, feel free to contact us through Amazon, or [e-mail address removed], and we will figure out a solution for you.

Thank you for your support!

Sincerely,

Customer Care
Kay’s Technology

IXDoubleDXI

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2011
Central Florida
I filed a claim against them like 10 minutes ago as I just received my order. The "Hard Shell Back Case" that I ordered, wound up being a TPU case, definitely not worth the $12.95 I paid. Screen Protectors are garbage too.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
I filed a claim against them like 10 minutes ago as I just received my order. The "Hard Shell Back Case" that I ordered, wound up being a TPU case, definitely not worth the $12.95 I paid. Screen Protectors are garbage too.

Yep, definitely shady. While I can see how it could have gone both ways, I'm disappointed to see that they're allowed to sell "guesses" based on rumors instead of actual specs, without disclosing this as part of the sale.

I'm really disappointed in them. I have 2 cases I can't use now. I assumed they'd gotten pre-release specs to make the case, not just guessed. And now their response is "we'll make the correct case then send it at some point" ... WTF, I ordered it early for a reason.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
They ended up just refunding my purchase. I will say on the TPU, you can just cut it with scissors a tiny piece off, and the smart cover will fit just fine. I'm returning my smart cover because it just doesn't fit well. Will order something else instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.