Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timidhermit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 6, 2011
I am having trouble finding a calendar app that can keep a SEPARATE calendar from the native calendar.

I want to keep two calendars with NO integration between the two. Is this possible?

The app must keep a local calendar, so I am not looking for a client to access Google calendar or other online calendars. Universal app only, as I need to use this for iPad too.

Please help?

CASLondon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2011
London
I am having trouble finding a calendar app that can keep a SEPARATE calendar from the native calendar.

I want to keep two calendars with NO integration between the two. Is this possible?

The app must keep a local calendar, so I am not looking for a client to access Google calendar or other online calendars. Universal app only, as I need to use this for iPad too.

Please help?

You can have multiple calendars in calendar.

I use Agenda app for mine, it runs off the native calendar but I have one or two additional calenders in it that don't synch to my iCloud, so they are only local calendars on the phone

timidhermit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 6, 2011
Just to confirm...

With Agenda, is there an option to "create" a completely isolated calendar that does not interact with the native calendar data?

Also, is it possible to use iCloud to backup the Agenda-ONLY data (again, with NO interaction with the native calendar data?

If these are true, I think this will be the solution for me.

You can have multiple calendars in calendar.

I use Agenda app for mine, it runs off the native calendar but I have one or two additional calenders in it that don't synch to my iCloud, so they are only local calendars on the phone

CASLondon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2011
London
Just to confirm...

With Agenda, is there an option to "create" a completely isolated calendar that does not interact with the native calendar data?

Also, is it possible to use iCloud to backup the Agenda-ONLY data (again, with NO interaction with the native calendar data?

If these are true, I think this will be the solution for me.

Need to keep the mistress's moves isolated from the family calendar on iCloud:)?

Agenda runs off the iOS calendar engine.

Even in the native calendar, you can select which calendars to share via iCloud and which to have local. I'm pretty sure you could make a calendar that is not shared, but on iCloud (unless you are sharing one iCloud account with others and that's why you want something not on this)

timidhermit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 6, 2011
That is funny. ;)

On a more serious side...

Is there another app that does NOT depend on the iOS calendar engine? I tried Pocket Informant. It does have an isolated calendar, but I find the app too complicated for my usage case, and I don't need all of the other options that clutter up the app.

Any other suggestions, please?

Need to keep the mistress's moves isolated from the family calendar on iCloud:)?

Agenda runs off the iOS calendar engine.

Even in the native calendar, you can select which calendars to share via iCloud and which to have local. I'm pretty sure you could make a calendar that is not shared, but on iCloud (unless you are sharing one iCloud account with others and that's why you want something not on this)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.