Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PatrickW98

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 26, 2012
Subrubs of Chicago, IL
Anyone have any problems with iOS 6.0.1? Post them here.

iPhone 4S - No Problems
iPad (3rd gen) - updated last night. This morning the touch screen didn't work. Fixed it with a reset.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012

iPhone 4S - No Problems
iPad (3rd gen) - updated last night. This morning the touch screen didn't work. Fixed it with a reset.

Theoretically speaking, iOS 6.0.1 is supposed to fix problems, not create them. If anyone encounter any problems, do a clean restore with iTunes.

Last edited:

Pravda

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2008
Philly
iPhone 4S:
Been having issues with dictation and using it with texting, It just hangs.
Issues sending iMessages (happened a few times today), also hangs.
Searching for network carrier, happens few times a day, on ATT.
Haven't experienced this before 6.0.1, issues all resolved with hard reboot.

iPad 3rd Gen:
No issues yet.

epphllps

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2011
West TN
The multitask bar music controls don't work for me anymore. Can anyone else verify this for iPhone 5?

Edit: got them to work with a hard restart. Weird.

Last edited:

jonny1480

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2008
Seattle, WA
After updating to iOS 6.0.1... Email Accounts & Address Book Deleted!!

It was 2 days after doing the update. I added 2 IMAP email accounts and saw all of my email accounts working. I went for a walk and when I came back, all of my email accounts were gone and so was my address book. :( When I opened the mail app I got the screen to add a new mail account... :mad:

Last edited:

jonny1480

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2008
Seattle, WA
It was 2 days after doing the update. I added 2 IMAP email accounts and saw all of my email accounts working. I went for a walk and when I came back, all of my email accounts were gone and so was my address book. :( When I opened the mail app I got the screen to add a new mail account... :mad:

I forgot to mention that I've done multiple soft and hard restarts. I've added the accounts back for now... If it acts up again I'll have to restore the damn thing.

Louisedr2007

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2012
Low Barely Audible Call volume

I have the iPhone 5 16gb and since the update the call volume is very low and tinny. I thought it was a dodgy phone until I realised I'd not made a call until 2 days after the update. Never happened on iOS 6. Anyone found a solution?

blaake

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2012
Florida

iPhone 4S - No Problems

no problems with my 5, no problems with my girlfriends 4, and no problems with my sister 4s. My mom has the iPad 3 and she stated no problems(not that she would even notice a problem).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.